We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

santorini weddings

leicestershire
Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
santorini weddings

hi im thinking of getting married in santorini as it looks gorgeous, does anyone know if i can arrange the wedding myself via any of the chapels as im on a very tight budget and i dont want to pay a wedding planner. i would be really gratefull for any information, thanks julie

Oregon
Destination Expert
for Santorini
Level Contributor
22,403 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: santorini weddings

If you speak and write fluent Greek so you can communicate with the proper officials to deal with the paperwork including the required legal translations, and if have the contacts amongst the wedding industry there then sure, why not??

Yllas
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: santorini weddings

Hello there,

I have worked in santorini as a wedding planner for 3 years but moving on to italy for this summer

Unfortunately I can say it is quite difficult to arrange chapel without a wedding planner.

You can organise your own paperwork though and restaurant...

You need to contact your embasy to find out paperwork needed and then register with the santorini town hall. If you are having a civil ceremony then you can book the registrar to come to the venue you have booked. But without a wedding planner that can be quite tricky.... He does about 15 weddings a day so you need to plan in advance.

Restaurants can be booked over the internet

Afrodite

3. Re: santorini weddings

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:17 am, September 19, 2009