We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting Hotels at the Dock

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
10 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Getting Hotels at the Dock

I've been to Santorini the past two summers and plan on going again this June. On both occasions I've come in early June and had no trouble finding budget hotels once I stepped off the ferry. I was so overwhelmed by the hotel owners bargaining with me that I did not know which one to go with. Both times I chose budget hotels based on double occupancy with a friend. The first in Perissa and the second in Thira. Both hotels cost 15 euros per person and were definitely budget but at the same time clean and liveable. My question is... Has anybody had this same experience and been offered a caldera view hotel? I would love to get a place with the amazing view but I believe given the overwhelming amount of hotel rooms available and the high vacancy rate during the low season, it would most likely not be necessary to book in advance online at full price. If anybody knows the going "dock rate" for a caldera view room in early June please let me know. Thanks

Oregon
Destination Expert
for Santorini
Level Contributor
22,294 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Getting Hotels at the Dock

The sad fact is that Scirocco is as far down if not farther down the cliff than Keti.

Check the Villa Ilias, it's near to the footpath between Fira and Firostefani so there will be fewer steps.

Sorry, I don't know Heraklion.

perissa santorini
Destination Expert
for Santorini
Level Contributor
1,522 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Getting Hotels at the Dock

Dear

on the port you can to find some owners smaull ''rooms to let'' BUT NO Room on caldera.

the room for sale on port is bunget-camping and only from perissa- karterados-kato fira and is owners without contract with some tours operators.

anyway DONT WAIT to find on port owner of room or hotel in caldera.

13. Re: Getting Hotels at the Dock

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:18 pm, September 18, 2009