We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Early June or early September?

Reading...
Level Contributor
75 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Early June or early September?

We are planning to go back to Santorini next year? We were there in early September. The weather was nice. How is early June weather Vs early September. Thank you!

Oregon
Destination Expert
for Santorini
Level Contributor
21,849 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Early June or early September?

Very similar weather. The difference is in the attitudes of the workers. By September many will be burned out.

Reading...
Level Contributor
75 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Early June or early September?

The weather is sunny in early June?

London
Destination Expert
for Thirassia, Fira
Level Contributor
13,966 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Early June or early September?

Depends. One year I was there in early May and the weather was terrible (wet, cold and windy) for the first five days. After that, the weather was glorious for the remainder of the vacation.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
31 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Early June or early September?

What about end of October? Is it a good time to visit?

Oregon
Destination Expert
for Santorini
Level Contributor
21,849 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Early June or early September?

By the end of October the winds are strong and the days can be cloudy and cold.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
31 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Early June or early September?

Thank you B! It is our first trip to Santorini... I can only hope that the weather works in my favour. We will be there from Oct 28 - Nov 6....I had already booked at Villa Lukas @ Imerovigli, Ecoxenia Stduios, Oia (East side, away from Caldera) and we would like to try out at one more, and am torn with Almyra Apartments (by Baxedes Beach) or a budget apartment at the southern tip at Akritori called Alisaxani Villas. If you can shed your comments will be much appreciated.

Oregon
Destination Expert
for Santorini
Level Contributor
21,849 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Early June or early September?

I hope you realize how isolated Baxedes is, especially if you don't have a rental car, and most especially at that time of year if the weather is bad. Also, by the end of October most of the shops, hotels and restuarants in Oia will be closed.

I don't know anything about Alisaxni Villas except that the TA reviews are positive. It is even more isolated on the southern tip of the island than Baxedes so be prepared.

Edited: 12:49 pm, October 02, 2013
Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
31 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Early June or early September?

Yes I understand those villas except Lukas are away from commercial and tourist zones.. we will rent a car and we don't like bar scenes... I am just keeping my fingers crossed and hope the weather is cooperating... I also know many businesses will be closing that also means less tourists and that is what we are aiming for.

Thanks for the headsup for everything.

Reading...
Level Contributor
75 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Early June or early September?

Hope early June is more sunny than early May.

Oregon
Destination Expert
for Santorini
Level Contributor
21,849 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Early June or early September?

It will be.