Oh how I miss you Santorini!! :)
Trip summary on our 4 nights trip in September:
- Loved loved Santorini...so glad we finally got to go!
- Beautiful weather!!
- We got a shared van transfer from the port which we booked through www.expedia.com.au. There was one other couple with us in the van. We booked a private airport transfer also through www.expedia.com.au which was fantastic.
- Old Oia Houses is just gorgeous. we got upgraded from a studio to venetian house for our 4 night stay and we loved it. It was lovely to relax on our balcony and rooftop.
- Saw a few cruiseships in port..ahh how we wish we were relaxing on one of them! One day, one day. :)
- The gyros on Santorini are just to die for!! I feel like having one now..!
- Ooh hello, cats everywhere!
- We loved watching the sun set at Oia Castle ruins...do go early to get seats and/or a good view. :)
- We dined at Lotza And Ochre restaurants where we had delicious meals and lovely views.
- Loved the bitter chocolate cake we had at Melenio bakery...be sure to check out the bakery if you have time! :D
- We booked the Volcano - Hot Springs and Thirasia sailing tour with The Triantafillou bros and got a 10% discount for early booking: sailinginsantorini.com/daily-excursion-volca…
The Nea Kameni and craters are just stunning..my partner went for a swim at the hot springs at Palaia Kameni island and thought it was lovely, especially with the weather we had! We had lunch, gelati and went for a stroll on Thirasia.. also gorgeous.
Hope you've enjoyed my trip summary. :)
Photos as promised: www.facebook.com/media/set/…Edited: 2:29 am, January 05, 2013