We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Better late than never trip summary (with photos)

Brisbane
Level Contributor
7,168 posts
61 reviews
Save Topic
Better late than never trip summary (with photos)

Oh how I miss you Santorini!! :)

Trip summary on our 4 nights trip in September:

- Loved loved Santorini...so glad we finally got to go!

- Beautiful weather!!

- We got a shared van transfer from the port which we booked through www.expedia.com.au. There was one other couple with us in the van. We booked a private airport transfer also through www.expedia.com.au which was fantastic.

- Old Oia Houses is just gorgeous. we got upgraded from a studio to venetian house for our 4 night stay and we loved it. It was lovely to relax on our balcony and rooftop.

- Saw a few cruiseships in port..ahh how we wish we were relaxing on one of them! One day, one day. :)

- The gyros on Santorini are just to die for!! I feel like having one now..!

- Ooh hello, cats everywhere!

- We loved watching the sun set at Oia Castle ruins...do go early to get seats and/or a good view. :)

- We dined at Lotza And Ochre restaurants where we had delicious meals and lovely views.

- Loved the bitter chocolate cake we had at Melenio bakery...be sure to check out the bakery if you have time! :D

- We booked the Volcano - Hot Springs and Thirasia sailing tour with The Triantafillou bros and got a 10% discount for early booking: sailinginsantorini.com/daily-excursion-volca…

The Nea Kameni and craters are just stunning..my partner went for a swim at the hot springs at Palaia Kameni island and thought it was lovely, especially with the weather we had! We had lunch, gelati and went for a stroll on Thirasia.. also gorgeous.

Hope you've enjoyed my trip summary. :)

Photos as promised: www.facebook.com/media/set/…

Edited: 2:29 am, January 05, 2013
palm springs
Level Contributor
1,060 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Better late than never trip summary (with photos)

Thanks, your pictures brought back a lot of memories.

innisfail
Level Contributor
213 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Better late than never trip summary (with photos)

loved your photo's.... We are staying at Old Oia Houses at the end of May, soooo excited.

uk
Level Contributor
278 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Better late than never trip summary (with photos)

thanks for sharing your pics they are lovely

Ohio
Level Contributor
276 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Better late than never trip summary (with photos)

Great Pictures!!

We are heading to Santorini this May- did you like Oia as a place to stay and eat each night? Was it very difficult to get to Fira or other part of the island??

Thank you

Brisbane
Level Contributor
7,168 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Better late than never trip summary (with photos)

Thank you for the lovely comments.

@mereider you'll love Old Oia Houses - it's a gorgeous place... the views from the balcony (and terrace, depending on which room you have!) is breathtaking...!

@M-LOhio We went to Santorini to relax after a Greece and Turkey holiday so can't comment on Fira etc. I found the food to be excellent. There are restaurants and cafes everywhere. There is a supermarket and also a small shop next to Old Oia Houses if you are staying there or nearby. I loved the gyros from the cafe near the bus stop.

London
Level Contributor
437 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Better late than never trip summary (with photos)

Thanks for this, gave me a little heart melt. We are only going twice this year :)

Gold Coast...
Level Contributor
787 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Better late than never trip summary (with photos)

Great photos - the view from your room was amazing!

Back again end of June, can't wait.

Brisbane
Level Contributor
7,168 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Better late than never trip summary (with photos)

I'm jealous sunshine2107 - have a fantastic time!! ;-)

Cheers nessie27. ;-) Hope you have a great trip.

Doesn't look like we'll be going back anytime soon - have Bali and Hong Kong trips to look forward to...but would love to return one day!

Dudley, United...
Level Contributor
168 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Better late than never trip summary (with photos)

I love your trip summary and fab photographs, thanks for sharing :o)

Brisbane
Level Contributor
7,168 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: Better late than never trip summary (with photos)

My pleasure!! :-)