We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

OIa's Sunset Hotel or Residence Suites?

Which Oia hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Los Angeles...
4 posts
Save Topic
OIa's Sunset Hotel or Residence Suites?

My husband and I are island hopping for our honeymoon in two weeks. We're trying to decide where to stay in Oia. Two hotels that we're considering are Oia's Sunset Hotel and Residence Suites. Any idea which one would be better? We'd like somewhere with nice views that's an easy walk to town. We'd prefer not to exceed $125-$150 a night (under that would be ideal, more money to spend on tours and excursions). That being said, we would still like a nice hotel... I know, tall order!

Any help or advice on these hotels or other good options would be greatly appreciated!

Oregon
Destination Expert
for Santorini
Level Contributor
21,690 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: OIa's Sunset Hotel or Residence Suites?

The Oia's Sunset Hotel is about as central as you can get in Oia but the view and location leave a LOT to be desired. There is no caldera view and the sunset view is marred by all the rooftops when you're facing in that direction. The hotel itself is fine, don't misunderstand. I just think that The Residence is a much better option, hands down.

Also Check Old Oia Houses, Villa Kallisti, Casa Sofia, Thea Studios and Chelidonia Villas.

Edited: 8:46 pm, September 06, 2012
Los Angeles...
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: OIa's Sunset Hotel or Residence Suites?

Thanks for the quick reply brotherleelove! I think we're down to the Residence Suites or Villa Kallisti. They are both more than budget friendly and seem pretty decent. Which would you recommend of the two?

Thanks again!

Oregon
Destination Expert
for Santorini
Level Contributor
21,690 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: OIa's Sunset Hotel or Residence Suites?

I think I'd prefer Villa Kallisti. I forgot to mention VIP Suites, which is another property managed by the same people as Residence Suites.

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
221 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: OIa's Sunset Hotel or Residence Suites?

Another vote vor Villa Kallisti. There you can be 100 % sure to have a beautiful view. Residence Suites has 2 rooms which have a view to the wall of the neighbour building and you can be pretty sure those are the "budget-friendly" ones........

Los Angeles...
4 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: OIa's Sunset Hotel or Residence Suites?

Thanks for the replies. Villa Kallisti may be the way to go... but we just checked out Thea Studios and they look nice and are in the same price range as Villa Kallisti. Any suggestions on which of these two is a better option?

Thanks again!

Oregon
Destination Expert
for Santorini
Level Contributor
21,690 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: OIa's Sunset Hotel or Residence Suites?

I think they're equal.

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
221 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: OIa's Sunset Hotel or Residence Suites?

Thea Studios has less steps to walk so it is closer to the shops, restaurants etc. Also Villa Kallisti is more "cave-like" which makes it a little bt darker and might be more humid in autumn.

8. Re: OIa's Sunset Hotel or Residence Suites?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, September 10, 2013