We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thea Studios or Residence Suites?

Austin, TX
Level Contributor
11 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Thea Studios or Residence Suites?

I will be with 8 other women. We were sold on Lauda, but when I called they had been bought and turned into a very pricey luxury hotel. They told me they now own Thea Studios. Has anyone stayed there recently? Is the location convenient to walking around Oia?

Or, is Residence Suites or another place around the same price a better option? Any opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Oregon
Destination Expert
for Santorini
Level Contributor
21,845 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thea Studios or Residence Suites?

Finding rooms for 8 people at one of these small 'hotels' will be a challenge. You may have to split up some. And if you need single beds for everyone that will be an even bigger challenge. Old Oia Houses would be a good possibility.

Also check Maryloujohn Villas, Virginia's Traditional Cavehouses and VIP Suites.

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
221 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Thea Studios or Residence Suites?

In case Thea Studios has availability for 8 people I would highly recommend it. Location is very good (next to Katikies which is one of the most expensive Hotels in Oia) - but most of all the family who runs the place will take care for you like you are family members (which will not happen at Residence Suites at all)

Oregon
Destination Expert
for Santorini
Level Contributor
21,845 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Thea Studios or Residence Suites?

Hi Lunaris-

If the Andronis company bought Lauda and Thea Studios do you think the family you know is still running the Thea Studios business?

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
221 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Thea Studios or Residence Suites?

No, Lee - they bought only Lauda (and Alta Mare) - Thea Studios is (and always has been) run by the "other part" of the Lauda Family.

Austin, TX
Level Contributor
11 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Thea Studios or Residence Suites?

Thank you for your responses! I spoke to Thea and they said they are owned by the same family that owned Lauda. I am leaning toward Thea then, unless someone else has any better recommendations.

Oregon
Destination Expert
for Santorini
Level Contributor
21,845 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Thea Studios or Residence Suites?

That's good news. I'm glad to know that Thea Studios hasn't been gobbled up by a big company the way Lauda was.

Toronto, Canada
2 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Thea Studios or Residence Suites?

Hi,

Could you please send me a contact email address for Thea? We would love to stay there next July...thanks!

Evangeline

Oregon
Destination Expert
for Santorini
Level Contributor
21,845 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Thea Studios or Residence Suites?

Evangeline, Google is your friend.........

greekhotel.com/cyclades/…home.htm

Toronto, Canada
2 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Thea Studios or Residence Suites?

Thanks!

10. Re: Thea Studios or Residence Suites?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, December 17, 2013