We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Studio at Chelidonia Villas or Aris Caves?

Which Oia hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Berlin, Germany
3 posts
Save Topic
Studio at Chelidonia Villas or Aris Caves?

Hi there,

I've never been to Greece but am planning to spoil myself a little bit and go to Oia for a week in September. As I travel alone and don't have experience with accommodation there I'd like to ask some questions.

Probably I'll decide between Chelidonia Villas and Aris Caves.

Do they both have a sunset view?

Which has the better view over the Caldera?

I won't take a villa but a studio. Aris Caves offers me Gonia. Any experiences on that one?

Do you know which studio at Chelidona will be the most beautiful and private?

Will I be sourrounded by honeymooners? ;)

Are there good markets, bakeries etc. for self-catering?

What I look forward to the most: great view, privacy, lots of sun

Thank you in advance for your answers, I really appreciate it!

Steffi

Oregon
Destination Expert
for Santorini
Level Contributor
21,235 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Studio at Chelidonia Villas or Aris Caves?

These properties are close together. Aris Caves is just below Chelidonia, meaning more steps. Neither have a view of the sunset but both have equally excellent views of the caldera. You are mistakenly informed about honeymooners being more prevalent than other visitors. There are markets, bakeries, etc. very close. These 2 properties are just below the central square in Oia. I can't speak to individual rooms' privacy but you can send a private message to those reviewers here on TA who might have the information you need to make your choice.

Berlin, Germany
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Studio at Chelidonia Villas or Aris Caves?

Thank you for your quick answer! Of course I'm aware there are all kinds of people coming, I was just joking a bit. Sometimes people don't understand when you travel on your own. I get a few stares sometimes.

As I read it the Gonia room isn't too private but I'm going to ask around via email.

I just realized there are no TV's but there won't be any rainy evenings I assume so that's not necessary.

Do you have some special recommendations what to see when I'm there? I'll have no car (don't drive) but I'd love to go on a little boat trip.

Oregon
Destination Expert
for Santorini
Level Contributor
21,235 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Studio at Chelidonia Villas or Aris Caves?

I recommend you take the steps down to Amoudi Bay below Oia for the 8am morning shuttle boat across to Thirassia. Once there catch the municipal bus up the cliff into the village for a look around. Time stopped there about 50 years ago. Then walk down the steps to the area where the excursion boats dock for lunch. Wait for the shuttle boat (around Noon) that will take you back across to Ammoudi, where you can have a great lunch on the wharf before you trek back up the steps.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
16 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Studio at Chelidonia Villas or Aris Caves?

Aris Caves all the way. Christa is the best hostess in the world and the landscape and charm surpass chelidonia. We stayed in Xenia but would have loved gonia. Grab it.

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
221 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Studio at Chelidonia Villas or Aris Caves?

Definitely Aris Caves! Christas hospitality is unbeatable. She makes you feeling like a family-member and not like a guest (which is very important if you are travelling alone!) All over the years I have sent so many people there and everybody was more than excited!

CRETE
Level Contributor
301 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Studio at Chelidonia Villas or Aris Caves?

Both are great! Erica in Chelidonia is also very sweet and friendly as Christa in Aris. I am sure that you will enjoy your stay in any case.

7. Re: Studio at Chelidonia Villas or Aris Caves?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 pm, July 09, 2013