We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Marizan Caves & Villas

East Patchogue, New...
Level Contributor
18 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Marizan Caves & Villas

So we're staying in the Marizan Caves & Villas in Oia for four nights, and five days and I have heard nothing but amazing things about this hotel and the staff. Although the reviews are great and I don't have many doubts, I was wondering if anyone who has stayed here can tell me a couple of things, or share an experience they had here. First being the pool they offer for the hotel guests. I found out through another website that the pool is next door and it's called Lioyerma. Is this a public pool and is it unbearably crowded during the month of August? Also, we perhaps want to explore Santorini, so in terms of walking around and just window shopping is it better to do so in Oia or in places like Fira & Imerovigli? Lastly, what beach would you suggest to be the best visit while we're in Santorini? We picked Oia, Santorini for a relaxing, quiet, sightseeing location, but a beach visit is always good too.

Edited: 10:21 pm, June 09, 2012
Oregon
Destination Expert
for Santorini
Level Contributor
21,819 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Marizan Caves & Villas

Being the only public-access pool around, I expect Lioyerma will be fairly crowded in August, especially since they have reciprocal agreements with several other hotels besides Marizan. Oia has lots of shops and galleries. Fira probably has twice as many. Imerovigli is practically shop-free.

If you want to see a black sand beach go to Perissa or Kamari. The Red Beach is basically across the road from the archaeological site if Akrotiri, so if you plan to go there you can hit the beach on the same day. FYI-you have to hike down to the Red Beach, there's no road.

perissa santorini
Destination Expert
for Santorini
Level Contributor
1,491 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Marizan Caves & Villas

for black sand beach I propose you the perissa/perivolos with bus , if you rent a car then i propse you

-near oia the coloumbos beach-quite and really unique!

-theros/or vlyxada beach

in vlyxada you will find the ''psaraki'' really the best taverna in santorini ,today.

But you have only 4 nights and oia so nice! and yiannis very good host.

Cairns, Australia
Level Contributor
27 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Marizan Caves & Villas

We are on our way home after 2 weeks at the Marizan and it is the only hotel I have ever stayed in that exceeded my expectations. Stunning location, amazing sunset and fabulous people. Loiyerma pool was lovely, friendly staff and a lot less busy than I imagined (but it's not August yet!). The pool is not huge, but was never overcrowded and the terraces are spacious. It can get a little busy at sunset, so we much preferred a nice bottle of wine on the top terrace of the Marizan, to watch the sunset from the jacuzzi. For beaches, we liked Kamari, but if you hire a car (i would recommend Drossos for transfers, car, quad bike hire) ask Georgia at the Marizan the way to Eros Wave bar I think it's called. A lovely drive through stunning rocks to a secluded beach bar and pretty beach. The other beaches (red beach etc) we viewed from the catamaran trip which was a fabulous day out. I would highly recommend Trantifillou Brothers, we had the pleasure of 2 trips with them and met the owner, Captain George Lambrinos - fabulous guy, great boats, great service. They have an office in town and another in Ammoudi port (a great spot for lunch at the bottom of the cliff below the Marizan). We found shopping in Oia nicer than Fira (evening after sunset when it's cooler & the crowds have gone was our favorite time), Fira was a little too busy and noisy for us. Hope you enjoy your trip... Have a fabulous time and please say hello to Yiannis and Georgia for us!

Edited: 3:52 am, June 20, 2012
4. Re: Marizan Caves & Villas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, June 22, 2013