We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay in Oia

Philadelphia...
6 posts
Save Topic
Where to stay in Oia

Hi - thanks for the help in advance. Wondering if you have any recommendations for us. In a nutshell:

- 4 adults (me, wife, her parents)

- 20 month-old boy

- Separate units or apartment for all 5 is fine

- Steps are fine for all (we can carry our baby)

- Prefer a beautiful place with great caldera views, near town

- Budget about 315 EUR per room per night for each couple or 630 EUR for an apartment

Thanks!

Philadelphia...
6 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay in Oia

Forgot to mention that we'll be staying for 7 days from July 1st to the 8th.

Oregon
Destination Expert
for Santorini
Level Contributor
22,643 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay in Oia

Check Strogili Apartments, Atrina Houses, Chelidonia Villas, MyBlue, Oia Castle Hotel (Olympic Villa), Villa Marina, Rimida Villas, Lena's House, Old Oia Houses, Lucky Homes, Fotinos Houses, VIP Suites, Ifestio Villas, Aris Caves, Nostos Apartments, Kima Villas, La Perla Villas.

Oregon
Destination Expert
for Santorini
Level Contributor
22,643 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay in Oia

I forgot that Oia Castle Hotel does not cater to children but I'm pretty sure the rest of them do.

Philadelphia...
6 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to stay in Oia

Wonderful suggestions - thank you! Would you also recommend looking at Fira or other cities? If so, do you have similar suggestions? Really appreciate the help.

Oregon
Destination Expert
for Santorini
Level Contributor
22,643 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to stay in Oia

That would depend on what you want easy acces to. Fira is the social/commercial hub of the island and as such is very busy and crowded during the summer months. Firostefani is just a short 15 minute walk from Fira but is not crowded or noisy. Imerovigli is the quietest village overlooking the caldera with the best overall views but there are very few shops and restaurants there. Oia is the most beautiful village and there are lots of shops and restaurants. Kamari and Perissa are the two popular beach villages but there are no views of the caldera from that side of the island. Pyrgos, Megalochori, Karterados and Akrotiri are less-populated and quieter villages.

You can check hotel listings here:

Oregon
Destination Expert
for Santorini
Level Contributor
22,643 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to stay in Oia

Sorry!

http://www.santorini.com/hotels

Philadelphia...
6 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Where to stay in Oia

Thanks Brotherleelove - I am impressed with how wonderful you are on this forum. We have narrowed our choice to Nostos Apartments and Chelidonia Villas. Both look amazing. I know you have commented on this before, but do you think there is a big advantage of one over the other? These are the pros and cons as I see them:

Nostos pros:

- Look like better interiors (from website photos)

- Pool might be nice after a hot day of walking in July.

- Maybe better views, especially from the pool

Nostos cons:

- 10 minutes from town

- ~80 steps to units, harder with a toddler

- A bit more expensive (not that important)

- terraces don't look as big/nice

Chelidonia pros:

- Right in town

- Beautiful verandas (?larger)

- Slightly less expensive

- Slightly better reviews (very slight)

Chelidonia cons:

- Less nice interiors

- No pool

Am I missing anything or off-base here?

Thanks so much for your help!!

Oregon
Destination Expert
for Santorini
Level Contributor
22,643 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Where to stay in Oia

The pool will definitely be a welcome feature in July.

There are lots of steps to get to the Chelidonia houses.

Both are "in town". Oia is a very small village and that 10 minutes to Nostos is along a pleasant pedestrian-only pathway with a sea view the whole way, and will not be a bother at all. It's flat and smooth if you're bringing a stroller.

Both have excellent caldera views, just from a slightly different vantage point. One is no better than the other.

There is a public-access pool in Oia that is free if you buy food and/or drinks: http://www.lioyerma.gr

I can personally attest to the absolute cleanliness of Chelidonia but have no reason to think that Nostos is any different.

9. Re: Where to stay in Oia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:16 pm, June 18, 2013