We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Oia Mare Villas or Villa Anemoessa?

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
84 posts
100 reviews
Save Topic
Oia Mare Villas or Villa Anemoessa?

Hi everyone!

My husband and I will be visiting Santorini for the first time on May 7-10 (we are so excited =).

We booked the Villa Anemoessa based on the great reviews on Tripadvisor but now we are having second thoughts and considering booking the Oia Mare Villas.

From the tripadvisor reviews it seems the pros of Oia Mare is definitely the view of the sunset from our own private balcony whereas the pros of Villa Anemoessa is the service and the inn keeper.

Since it is our first time in Santorini, which would be a better hotel/location for us to stay in? If anyone has any thoughts we would greatly appreciate it!

We don't want to cancel Villa Anemoessa until we are sure it's the right decision to do so.

Oregon
Destination Expert
for Santorini
Level Contributor
22,006 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Oia Mare Villas or Villa Anemoessa?

Oia Mare does have a great location for watching the sunset. In May, because of the location, I'm not sure you'll see the sunset from Anemoessa. The sun will still be too far south then. You'll still get a lovely view of the open sea and some islands, however. If you didn't know, Anemoessa is not actually in Oia, it's closer to the small settlement of Finikia, which borders Oia to the south. You should also know that there are more steps to Oia Mare than any other hotel in Oia, so if you stay there you will need to be in good shape so walking back up into the village doesn't become too much of a chore.

Edited: 10:08 pm, March 22, 2012
San Francisco...
Level Contributor
84 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Oia Mare Villas or Villa Anemoessa?

thanks bll! very helpful! we are now thinking about booking alexander's cave house instead (although just their cozy cave option). would alexander's offer a better view and general experience in Oia?

Oregon
Destination Expert
for Santorini
Level Contributor
22,006 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Oia Mare Villas or Villa Anemoessa?

I believe so, yes.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
84 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Oia Mare Villas or Villa Anemoessa?

thanks bll, will go book alexander's!

5. Re: Oia Mare Villas or Villa Anemoessa?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:41 am, June 20, 2013