We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Perivolas or Katikies?

Englewood, NJ
Level Contributor
69 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Perivolas or Katikies?

Just can't decide for stay in late June/early July. Have read so much about both... concerns seem to be much smaller rooms at Katikies and pool issues. Nonetheless, all reviews are glowing. Any advice?

Oregon
Destination Expert
for Santorini
Level Contributor
22,643 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Perivolas or Katikies?

We should all have such difficult decisions to make!! ;-)

Katikies is closer in to the center of the village while Perivolas adds 10-15 minutes to the walk. Perivolas' room decor is sleeker and sculptural whille Katikies takes a more traditional approach. They both offer excellent service and amenities. You won't be disappointed with either one.

Edited: 11:20 am, March 04, 2012
Englewood, NJ
Level Contributor
69 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Perivolas or Katikies?

Thanks for your insights... still need to decide. What about Katikies issues regarding smaller room size and getting chairs at the pool that I have read about? Planning our trip for late June/early July. Thanks again!

Englewood, NJ
Level Contributor
69 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Perivolas or Katikies?

Thanks for your insights... still need to decide. What about Katikies issues regarding smaller room size and getting chairs at the pool that I have read about? Planning our trip for late June/early July. Thanks again!

Oregon
Destination Expert
for Santorini
Level Contributor
22,643 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Perivolas or Katikies?

Sorry, I don't know, but if there are several reviews addressing the same complaint I would pay attention. Otherwise I would tend to think it was written by someone with unrealistic expectations or a one-time problem.

Sandbach, United...
Destination Expert
for Perissa
Level Contributor
6,193 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Perivolas or Katikies?

If not getting a bed around the pool is such an issue that it could potentially ruin your holiday, why not send a few private messages to recent reviewers and ask them their opinions.

As for a small room, how long do you intend staying in it every day?

If I was in the lucky position of having to choose between two of the best regarded and luxurious hotels on the island, I can't imagine that the lack of a sunbed or a small room would be high on my list of worries.

Martin

6. Re: Perivolas or Katikies?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 pm, June 18, 2013