We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Traditional house vs Hotel?

Australia
5 posts
Save Topic
Traditional house vs Hotel?

I have done a lot of 'research' and trying to chose accommodation is proving very difficult! I have come to the conclusion that I won't get much under 300 Euro and I think I have narrowed it down. My two choices are quite different and in two different areas so some help would be great!

Atrina Houses (Thols House) in Oia OR Kapari Hotel in Imerovigli (prices are similar) I have been reccomended to stay in Oia as the perfect location, and am wondering whether the more traditional Tholos house would be more spacious and give us a more traditional Santorini experience.

Any thoughts? Thanks :-)

Oregon
Destination Expert
for Santorini
Level Contributor
21,819 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Traditional house vs Hotel?

There are lots of excellent places to stay for much less than €300/night. I think it depends on what your expectations are for the money spent.

The word "hotel" is used somewhat loosely. Most properties are basically a cluster of small, self-catering houses or studios, sometimes with breakfast offered. Some have pools, some don't. They're all intimate in ambience. It's rare to find one with a restaurant on site. If you want a full-service hotel then go with Kapari. If being more on your own is your style go with Atrina.

Australia
5 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Traditional house vs Hotel?

Thank you for your quick reply! I am currently looking into some less expensive options. I think I was being a little too fussy. What are your thoughts on Lucky Homes? It seems to have very good reviews and only €165/night!

Oregon
Destination Expert
for Santorini
Level Contributor
21,819 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Traditional house vs Hotel?

Lucky Homes has a very good location. Also take a look at Lena's House, Filotera Villas, Strogili Houses, Golden Sunset Villas, Chelidonia Villas, Marizan Villas, Delfini Hotel's Cave House Suite and Rimida Villas.

Australia
5 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Traditional house vs Hotel?

Will do- Thanks again!

5. Re: Traditional house vs Hotel?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:19 am, December 11, 2012