We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Olive tree sculptures?

Which Oia hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Atlanta, GA
Level Contributor
131 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Olive tree sculptures?

Does anyone know the name of the stores that sell the small gold olive tree sculptures in Oia? I was there last week and missed my opportunity to purchase one and now regret it.

Thanks for your help.

westmidlands
Level Contributor
69 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Olive tree sculptures?

Im in Oia at the moment and the only shop I can think of which is doing tree sculptures is Oia treasures which is new this season and is close to Skala . web site is www.oia-treasures.eu. Its a fab shop, If this is not the one and you can give me some directions re location I will check it out for you

Atlanta, GA
Level Contributor
131 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Olive tree sculptures?

Thanks for the link, Trixie4359. That is not exactly what I was looking for. They are gold wire trees with small olives. They were further down from Skala, but before the steps to Amoudi. They were displayed outside of the store in various sizes. I'm thinking that the store is on the left hand side walking from Skala.

Thanks again for your help and I hope you enjoy your stay in Oia!

westmidlands
Level Contributor
69 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Olive tree sculptures?

I had a further look at the shops when I was in Oia (unfortunately back now). Have a few more possibilities but not sure I cracked it.

Artemis- near 1800 did actual olive wreaths dipped in 24 carat gold or silver . They may also do the wire trees with gems as leaves, They are happy to send photos if you e mail them, katsar05@otenet.gr- Manolis and Sevasti Katsaros.

Opposite them Leptomer Oia also seemed to have trees and said the same thing about sending pictures. leptomeroia@gmail.com.

Further down near the Red BicycleNatureza Maravilhosa had wire trees with different gems as the leaves- Shop had different stones and minerals.. E mail is omma@otenet.gr. If none of these are right you might have to resign yourself to another trip to Oia !!!!.

Atlanta, GA
Level Contributor
131 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Olive tree sculptures?

Thank you so much for your efforts to find my trees! I will email them today.

But I also like your idea of a return trip to Oia!

Many thanks!

Lisbon, Portugal
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Olive tree sculptures?

Hello!

I am having the exact situation. I have been to Santorini and due to lack of time I missed the opportunity to buy the olive tree I was aiming to.

Unfortunately, none of the above seemed to be the store I was looking for, it was at the left side while heading to the end of the village and we had one or twso very small steps before its entrance.

I remember photos were not allowed but, unfortunately, I don't remember the name of the store.

Did you managed to get the olive tree you were looking for?

The one I am looking was rather delicate (I have seen others which were not so full of details) and they had stones in the end (glass or lava stone).

Can you please help me?

Thank you.

Australia
Level Contributor
88 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Olive tree sculptures?

How about Krateras art gallery?

London, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Olive tree sculptures?

Have you tried http://www.artspace-santorini.com/ I seem to remember they had some lovely bronze Olive Tree scultures when I was there in October.

London, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Olive tree sculptures?

Further to my previous comment, are these the sculptures that you were looking for: www.mihalarias.gr/gallery_browse.asp…

9. Re: Olive tree sculptures?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, April 02, 2014