We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Planning to go late May/Early June.. how soon to book?

Which Oia hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Massachusetts
Level Contributor
1,235 posts
105 reviews
Save Topic
Planning to go late May/Early June.. how soon to book?

Hi- I'm finally trying to plan my trip to Santorini/Athens for possibly the end of next May or early June '12. I know I want to stay In Oia for I think 4 nights, then over to Athens for 2? I'm still so overwhelmed with all of the options for hotels, so I wonder do I need to get on this ASAP or do I still have some time? Thank you.

Oregon
Destination Expert
for Santorini
Level Contributor
21,469 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Planning to go late May/Early June.. how soon to book?

Many hotels won't accept bookings now for next May/June. Once you've narrowed the choices down to a manageable amount send inquiries to them to ask when they'll accept your reservation.

CRETE
Level Contributor
301 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Planning to go late May/Early June.. how soon to book?

In case that you plan to stay in a small hotel In Oia (actually there are not big hotels -with too many units- in Oia) is better to book ASAP in order to have the unit of your preferance. Just ask them if they accept early bookings. Also ask them if they have any special rate for early bookings (some hotels offer 10-20% discount for early bookings)

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
288 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Planning to go late May/Early June.. how soon to book?

We're going next July, and the house we had our heart set on in Oia was already booked - as was our #2 option, a hotel that didn't even have a caldera view (but a fabulous pool). We ended up finding a great little house and can't wait to stay there, but I was surprised I had to book so early (we did it back in June). I figured I had at least a few months, especially considering we weren't even able to look at flights yet! And like NICKCR said, we did get a discount for booking early. We also ran into many places not having their 2012 rates set yet and weren't ready to take a reservation. Good luck!

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
1,235 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Planning to go late May/Early June.. how soon to book?

wow thank you all for your responses.. not I'm getting nervous. I better get planning!! Thanks again!

Edenvale, South...
Level Contributor
1,005 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Planning to go late May/Early June.. how soon to book?

We stayed at Remezzo Villas in Imerovigli from 13 - 16 July this year and booked in August last year. We were upgraded to a Suite at no extra cost when we got there because we had booked so early. It is a wonderful hotel with the most stunning sunset views!

6. Re: Planning to go late May/Early June.. how soon to book?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, October 19, 2012