We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Feries again -

england
Level Contributor
5 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
Feries again -

Hi

There are six of us hopping from Santorini around the islands and ending up in Athens right at the height of the season - mid July to mid August. Last year we were really stung because there were no deck tickets left on some ferries and it cost a huge amount to travel. Is there any way we can book before we arrive in Greece? We know the days we want to travel, and which routes, but how do we get hold of the tickets??

perplexed..

Mentioned in this post
Santorini
Santorini
Cyclades, Greece
Athens
Athens
Attica, Greece
Greece
Greece
Europe
Oregon
Destination Expert
for Santorini
Level Contributor
23,115 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Feries again -

Use www.gtp.gr and www.openseas.gr to find the schedules as well as the websites for Blue Star Ferries and Hellenic Seaways Ferries. They offer different options for ticket delivery and/or pickup.

guanajuato
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Feries again -

31 eruros going piraeus to thira still expensive is there any cheap ticket?

Oregon
Destination Expert
for Santorini
Level Contributor
23,115 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Feries again -

If you go to the Blue Star Ferry website sometimes you can find 10 Euro special economy tickets if they're not already sold out.

www.bluestarferries.com

guanajuato
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Feries again -

i did not find anything lower than 31 euros!!! my daughters are travelling thru europe and i am helping them. we thought traveling into greak islans were cheaper !!

thank you any way. do you think they can find something better when they arrive to athens?

sorry my english is so bad!!!

Oregon
Destination Expert
for Santorini
Level Contributor
23,115 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Feries again -

No, nothing cheaper. If the special 10 euro fares are gone then 31 euro is what they will have to pay. sorry...............

UK
Level Contributor
49,560 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Feries again -

If you think 31 Euros is expensive (for what is a long ferry trip, that looks like a bargain to me) , wait until you see prices in most of Santorini, especially high season, for rooms & restaurant meals.

Mentioned in this post
Santorini
Santorini
Cyclades, Greece
7. Re: Feries again -

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:20 pm, September 03, 2009