We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mystique or Anastasis

paris
1 post
Save Topic
Mystique or Anastasis

Plan to honeymoon in Santorini the second week of September - anyone with info on (or a preference re.) these two hotels?

Also, it appears we need to fly through Athens and will have an 8-plus hour layover. Can we get into the city during this time? Anything in particular we should focus attention on?

Thanks!

New York
Level Contributor
44 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Mystique or Anastasis

Hi tbrd03,

Mystique was recently renovated, and also belongs to the starwood collection, which is prestigious. Anastasis is very nice and you can read many reviews at the hotel section.

In my opinion you are travelling the best season, not many tourists, so you will enjoy Santorini.

Try red beach in Akrotiri region, Vlychada beach etc

Also, you can visit museums(in Fira and Oia), wineries(Antoniou, Argyrou, or Gavalas winery).

Oregon
Destination Expert
for Santorini
Level Contributor
22,400 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mystique or Anastasis

8 hours gives you ample time for a run into the city using the Metro. Take it to Monastiraki station and you'll be on the edge of the Plaka, which is below the Parthenon. This should occupy you for a few hours and give you time to sit and enjoy a meal.

Phoenix, AZ
Level Contributor
94 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Mystique or Anastasis

Mystique is the $1,000,000 question. I don't believe it has opened yet, so there haven't been any reviews. Knowing Starwood, I bet it will be top of the line,as they are touting it as one of their super suites-only resorts (I believe a free night is 50,000 points).

It looks like it is going to be very nice. I am going to be staying there in October, so I am really looking forward to some reviews.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mystique or Anastasis

My husband and I will be staying at the Mystique in the middle of June and I'll be happy to post a review as soon as we return if you can wait that long... The Mystique actually opened this week so I'm hoping someone else will post a review before we leave.

London, England
Level Contributor
2 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mystique or Anastasis

Hi. My wife and I stayed at Santorini Princess last September and we loved it. We also stayed at Anastasis and Ikies. Its views are amazing, the property is in excellent condition (like new) and the staff are very attentive. If you arent already holding an option on accommodation there, I doubt they would have availability! I would recommend the place. The location is quiet, but makes for a nice long day (or eve) walk to Firafistani. Gd luck.

6. Re: Mystique or Anastasis

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 pm, September 01, 2009