We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

oia with young children

SydneyMum
1 post
Save Topic
oia with young children

Family of 5, 2 adults, 3 kids 11yo, 4yo & 2 yo. Been reading reviews and it seems Oia is lovely and quiet with beautiful views. Any suggestions on accom. (without a child falling off a cliff.....& a stressed out mother chasing them...)

Oregon
Destination Expert
for Santorini
Level Contributor
22,403 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: oia with young children

Check Volcano's Villas and the Anemomilos Hotel. Both are child friendly. V.V. has a caldera view, Anemomilos has a view of the sea across the "backside" of Oia to the islands in the distance. If you'd like to see a photo of the view from Anemomilos let me have your email address.

Paris , France
Level Contributor
902 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: oia with young children

Hi mumof3kids,

I believe that only few places could be as safe as it should be for so young children in caldera view areas ...

One of them is definatelly pension Roussos in Firostephani...

The rooms are nice and clean , very inexpensive , caldera view site and not dangerous if you loose attention

Chack the place among 27 hotels and pensions ,through the site linked below...

tripadvisor.com/GoListDetail-i8905-Santorini…

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
29 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: oia with young children

Next month we are staying at Strogili Traditional Houses in Oia with our ten year old. Check it out: http://www.oia-strogili-houses.gr/

I looked at a lot of hotels before we settled on Strogili.

Rotterdam
Level Contributor
32 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: oia with young children

Hi there.

WE just got back from Santorini with our children (3 and 6) and we stayed at Volcano Villas. No problems whatsoever. FYI - I would definitely recommend hiring a car. So easy to do and no hassels getting on and off the buses. We trekked around the island effortlessly. We love visiting Kamari Beach with the kids. We did the volcano tour with them as well. Make sure you bring extra Euros to buy little knick knacks at the souvenier shops. They loved their self picked out gifts!

Bristol
Level Contributor
57 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: oia with young children

Hi, I am getting married next year in Santorini and my mum is looking to book an appartment/villa for 3 adults and 2 children (so 2/3 bedrooms).

On a budget possibly as near to Fira as it can be (as thats where we are staying).

Do any of these hotels fit the bill?

Please send any details to kelly_leah@hotmail.com

Many thanks in advance.