We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

capestang

Which Capestang hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
southampton
Level Contributor
3 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
capestang

What is the best way to get to Capestang from Southampton?

8 replies to this topic
Harstad, Norway
Destination Expert
for Bergen, Norway
Level Contributor
25,909 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: capestang

Béziers is the nearest large place - there are trains and flights. How do you prefer to travel from Southhampton and when is your planned travel please ?

Fuerteventura
Destination Expert
for Fuerteventura, Paros, Sifnos
Level Contributor
3,519 posts
842 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: capestang

Depends when and how you want to travel and whether you will hire a car. Carcassone is an alternative flight destination.

I you fly into Beziers with FlyBe there is a shuttle bus to the bus station in Beziers and then buses from there to Capestang (the bus number is 202 and here si the website - herault-transport.fr/fiche_horaire/202.pdf. The fare is 1.60 Euros

For buses see http://www.herault-transport.fr/

southampton
Level Contributor
3 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: capestang

We intend to fly and will be going at the start of august. It seems that a jourbey by bus will be needed from whatevet airport we go to. I understand that Beziersis the closest?

Edited: 7:28 am, February 27, 2014
Harstad, Norway
Destination Expert
for Bergen, Norway
Level Contributor
25,909 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: capestang

Yes, Béziers is the closest. Have a look at the map:

https://goo.gl/maps/qmeQH

From Carcassonne you will have to take the bus to the station, a train to Béziers, normally with a change at Narbonne and then a bus onwards to Capestang.

Edited: 7:58 am, February 27, 2014
Capestang, France
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: capestang

Hi Boobow

If you arrive at Beziers airport, you will need to get a bus to the train or bus station, then change for another bus to Capestang, as previously mentioned. It may be worth considering a local taxi if there are a few of you and you have a lot of bags. August is very busy here.

I live in Capestang - are you coming on holiday?

If you would like our local taxi to meet you at the airport, I can always book it for you if you let me have the details of your arrival etc. I use him regularly for our arriving guests and he is very reliable. In August, it may be worth booking a taxi in advance, being such a busy time of year.

If you are coming on holiday - have a lovely time!

Chattanooga...
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: capestang

Are you familiar with La Batalière, a rental apartment in Capestang that overlooks the canal? I am thinking of renting it for a few weeks in the summer.

Chattanooga...
2 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: capestang

Are you familiar with La Batalière, a rental apartment in Capestang that overlooks the canal? I am thinking of renting it for a few weeks in the summer.

Capestang, France
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: capestang

HI - yes, I live and work very close to it !! It is situated just behind a restaurant called La Bateliere and I understand there is a little bit of noise from their extractor fan when the restaurant is open, but I think the problem is being addressed.

Nice position, overlooking the canal, in a smallish block of apartments. It is mainly occupied by permanent residents, so there is always someone around. Behind, there is a large parking area, if you have a vehicle. The garden, in front of the apartments, is not to be used... long story.......

If you have any further questions, let me know.

Reply to: capestang
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Capestang
More Capestang Topics