We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

weather in March April

Nottingham
Level Contributor
2 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
weather in March April

We are looking to book a holiday for the end of March/beginning of April. We have been recommended to go to Pongwe beach but have also been told that April is the rainy season. Any experiences?

Findlay, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Tanzania, Ngorongoro Conservation Area
Level Contributor
12,484 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: weather in March April

Seasons vary here by describing the rains. Thus a rainy season is one which does have rain. However, it is not monsoonal rains, it will rain for a short while then clear up and be sunny. I wouldn't be put off by this.

Having said this, who can predict the weather anywhere.

Canada
Level Contributor
105 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: weather in March April

Hello

My Hubby and I went to Pongwe Beach this year in March which was the rainy season, we stayed 6 days and had 1 day of rain, and not even an all day rain, so don,t let that put you off, that said who can predict the rain?? We had and awesome time

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
12 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: weather in March April

Hi Karl

Can we expect much wind in March? We were in Zanzibar in Feb last year and had two very windy days - is this normal?

Thanks

Stanley, Falkland...
Level Contributor
32,679 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: weather in March April

Zanzibar is affected by the trade or monsoon winds, which blow from the north-east for part of the year, and then reverses for another part of the year.

So, depending on the time of year, and direction of wind, some parts of the island will be getting onshore breezes, and others will be sheltered, and vice-versa when the wind reverses.

By googling 'wind direction zanzibar', I found this pretty diagram which will keep me amused for hours.....

windfinder.com/windstats/windstatistic_ras_n…

5. Re: weather in March April

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, April 18, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Pongwe