We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel from Livingstone to Zanzibar??

Canada
Level Contributor
69 posts
Save Topic
Travel from Livingstone to Zanzibar??

I'm doing a safari in Botswana next Aug and I was thinking about going over to Zanzibar for a few days after to unwind before we head back home.

Is it easy to travel from Zambia to Zanzibar?

How much are flights?

Any other information would be appreciated.

thank you

Mentioned in this post
Zanzibar Island
Zanzibar Island
Zanzibar Archipelago, Tanzania
Findlay, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Tanzania, Ngorongoro Conservation Area
Level Contributor
12,485 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel from Livingstone to Zanzibar??

m1k2dog3... you can get from Zambia to Dar es Salaam by bus, just had a business partner do that. I'm not certain that there are any direct flights, but I would check into it on the web. Do some googling on Coastal Air, Precision Air, and Air Tanzania and you might find some flights in their schedules.

I haven't traveled from Zambia to Tanzania, but I have came from South of there in Namibia and flown to Dar. Had to be routed through J'berg and the cost was almost $1,000 round trip.

Don't know if this is helpful or not, perhaps someone else had been to Vic falls and came back to Dar and will chip in something.

Mentioned in this post
Findlay, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Tanzania, Ngorongoro Conservation Area
Level Contributor
12,485 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel from Livingstone to Zanzibar??

m1k2dog3... I forgot to mention that once you are in Dar you can catch the ferry to Zanzibar; or there are flights there also. The ferry operates daily from 7:30am until late afternoon, and there are several flights there every day.

Mentioned in this post
Zanzibar Island
Zanzibar Island
Zanzibar Archipelago, Tanzania
Canada
Level Contributor
69 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Travel from Livingstone to Zanzibar??

Thank you Karl!

I will looking into everything you mentioned

Groningen, The...
Level Contributor
60 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Travel from Livingstone to Zanzibar??

I went from zanzibar to livingstone last august!!

Get bus to lusaka and get the Tzara train to dar es alaam-Its such an experience but does take up to 3 days-but u van purchase cheap fod on beer on the train and meet such interesting charcters.It goes trough safari parks so its like a free safari!!

Then get ferry across to zanzibar-book your ticket the day before!

5. Re: Travel from Livingstone to Zanzibar??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:19 am, August 20, 2009