We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

question about entering tanzania

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
19 posts
1 review
Save Topic
question about entering tanzania

hi can anyone help, looking into travelling to zanzibar from nairobi i am from UK so know il need a visa to enter but we are thinking of taking some kenyan friends what would they need? do they need a passport/visa or is it differant for them? looking online im getting confused! also does every person need a yellow fever certificate? not sure if they can get one although we have ours thanks

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
10,815 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: question about entering tanzania

I believe that, when entering from Kenya, travelers do need the yellow fever certificate.

If you google Tanzania Embassy, you can find official information about what is needed.

nyc
Level Contributor
14,779 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: question about entering tanzania

Are your Kenyan friends citizens of Kenya and have Kenyan passports? If not, then they absolutely require a Passport to travel. If expats from other countries, they should have a passport from their home country and that will determine whether they require a Visa for entry TNZ/ZNZ.. Whether they will require a Visa depends on their status based on info the TNZ Embassy should be able to provide. And yes,.. they will all require a YF inoculation and proof of same for entry to ZNZ.

Speak with both embassies - KEN and TNZ for details.

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
19 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: question about entering tanzania

they are kenyan citizens one of them doesnt have a passport just an ID card they can fly to other parts of kenya with that but wasnt sure about Tanzania il have to call as online its confusing me but from what i can gather they dont need a visa. thanks for the help

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
10,815 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: question about entering tanzania

Generally, a passport isn't needed to travel within the country of which a person is a resident, but a passport is commonly (but not always) needed to travel between countries.

Zanzibar Island...
Level Contributor
237 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: question about entering tanzania

The one that has not passport will have t get one. It is not possible for come into Tanzania without a passport, that being said he will have to get a passport as soon as he possibly can.

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
19 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: question about entering tanzania

ok thanks someone told me african residents didnt need passport to travel between african countries i did think that sounded bit strange so thought id check! seems he wont need visa though so thats something!!

Findlay, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Tanzania, Ngorongoro Conservation Area
Level Contributor
12,485 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: question about entering tanzania

That someone who told you that Africa residents don't need a passport to travel between African countries, is wrong. Get your information from official sources, go to the web sites for the embassies in these countries to get official information.

8. Re: question about entering tanzania

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, May 18, 2015