We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

dala dala to Jambiani

Vancouver, B.C...
Level Contributor
177 posts
160 reviews
Save Topic
dala dala to Jambiani

We are arriving at the Zanzibar airport at 3:30 pm. Do dala dalas leave after that time for Jambiani and if so, how often? Would we arrive after dark? Do we take a taxi the short distance to the bus station? Our guest house will pick us up for $50 but I thought a dala dala would be cheaper and more fun.

Arusha
Level Contributor
137 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: dala dala to Jambiani

Dala Dalas usually leave from morning until evening. How often..that's a good questions, there is no fixed plan ;-) but in most cases you don't have to wait very long.

But do you have a lot of luggage? If the Dala is very full it might be a problem.

Vancouver, B.C...
Level Contributor
177 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: dala dala to Jambiani

I thought I would post my own reply: dala dalas don't leave ST after 4:00, so we will take the taxi after all.

Zanzibar Island...
Level Contributor
237 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: dala dala to Jambiani

Yes you are right the daladala will be cheaper and more fun but I would not suggest that looking that the time that you will be landing in Zanzibar.

Because after landing you will have to get a daladala to town and pick up one to Jambian from there meaning will will definatelly get there when it is dark.

Regards

Solomon

Medellin, Colombia
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: dala dala to Jambiani

Hey Caminoista!

I'm also going to be staying in Jambiani this April! May I ask, how was your experience travelling from and to Stone Town and other parts of the island?

5. Re: dala dala to Jambiani

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 8:35 am, March 22, 2014
Bagram, Afghanistan
Level Contributor
58 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: dala dala to Jambiani

To Lina B,

I went there last month and used dala dala. Since there is really no central terminal the dala to Jambiani is in mapinduzi road (you will pass the darajani market, jamhuri gardens, state uni of Zanzibar). Fare is 2000 shillings only and I think there still dala dala departing at 1600 since I met someone who went in St to withdrew from the bank and return at this hour although she said that it will be a tight squeeze in the seat as more passenger wanted a ride back to Jambiani. Travel time is about 40 mins depending if the driver will pick Lots of passengers and cargoes along the way then it will turn into an hour or two journey.

Happy travels,

Za

7. Re: dala dala to Jambiani

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, March 30, 2015