We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Zanzibar mid-august - booking required? Suggestions please..

Which Zanzibar Island hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Topic
Zanzibar mid-august - booking required? Suggestions please..

Hello all,

After 3 weeks in Uganda, me and my boyfriend would like to go to Zanzibar for up to a week before going back to London. Our flight back is booked for August 12th. We are flexible on arrival date as no internal flights have been booked yet. We might travel 'by foot'. We would like to find some basic accomodation - preferably on the beach itself - but I have no idea where to concentrate our research. Is it definitely best to book accomodation in advance or is it possible to just turn up and find something? How crowded does the island get in August? We're not looking for luxury, just something clean and comfortable - potentially somewhere where we might meet some sociable people to spend time with in the evenings. Our budget depends on your suggestions - beach houses/lodges/guest houses... we're not interested in fancy all-inclusive resorts much.

We want to relax but also be able to explore the island easily as well as be able to dive as much as possible. Can anyone advise on the best value for money diving school on the island? Do dives need booking much in advance? Is it necessary to rent a car or can you rely on local transport?

I'd really appreciate any feedback or suggestions you may have. Thank you in advance

1. Re: Zanzibar mid-august - booking required? Suggestions please..

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:23 am, August 27, 2013
Kent
Level Contributor
485 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Zanzibar mid-august - booking required? Suggestions please..

Hello,

As above, I would suggest pre-booking as accommodation will be busy at this time, and obviously the best options are the first to go. Without speaking to you it is impossible to make any recommendations as there are 100's of potential options. However I would suggest you take a look around the Nungwi area. RE transport, car hire is possible or you can use local taxi services.

I hope this helps and feel free to send a PM if you can give any more info.

3. Re: Zanzibar mid-august - booking required? Suggestions please..

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, May 10, 2014