We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honeymoon tips needed

Dublin
Level Contributor
8 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Honeymoon tips needed

Hi,

I am planning our honeymoon at the moment. We hope to go to Tanzania for safari, as we have been told its the best destination in early Jan. I have also been hoping to stay 5 nights in luxury somewhere near. Zanzibar was suggested. Is it nice? Where is best?

Thanks for any help,

Gary

Arusha Tanzania
Destination Expert
for Tanzania
Level Contributor
1,491 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Honeymoon tips needed

Hi

Jan is the migration time of the wildebeest, so peak season lodge are already having problems with bookings so be swift with yours.

Zanzibar, Blue Bay -Breezes - Matemwe beach resorts are all great, for honeymooners Emerson & Green is the perfect hotel in Stone Town :-) check it out.

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
6 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Honeymoon tips needed

I am looking into the same right now for October. I have heard that the Zamani Kemppinksi hotel is also quite good...it received a write up in Travel & Leisure (which also discussed Zanzibar as an up and coming beach resort island). Looks like we may stay there. Breezes seems too big for honeymooners, but if you want luxurious, but big $$$, I hear The Palms is the way to go! Good luck!

Doug

UK
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Honeymoon tips needed

I stayed at Breezes Beach club in 2001 it was superb, beds very comfortable, rooms a delight, on the beach, flowers on the bed, fridge,.. champagne on arrival, although I was on an anniversary, they they thought I had just got married,.. 25 years too late ! lot of honeymooners stay there, and many who have been on safari, so you will find plenty of people to swap stories with. Also, it is hot so being on the coast is a must.

4. Re: Honeymoon tips needed

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:19 pm, August 15, 2009