We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Zanzibar

Grimsby, United...
Level Contributor
8 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Zanzibar

Has anyone stayed at the Planhotel Mapenzi Beach Hotel? We're thinking of staying there for 2 weeks following a 2 week safari on the mainland and have noticed there aren't any reviews on the site. Thanks

Super Safari
Private Tours, Safaris
Bashasha Tours
Nature & Wildlife Tours, Boat Tours, Safaris, Multi-day Tours
Black Baroness Safaris
Nature & Wildlife Tours, Safaris
Hampshire
Level Contributor
23 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Zanzibar

We stayed here on our honeymoon August 2005 for 17 nights and it was fantastic. Quite alot of Italians but was better than being surrounded by too many English! Popular with honeymooners we met some nice people. We moved rooms due to someone using a hammer every morning behind our hut! we were on honeymoon and extremely fussy!! so got to see the differences in the rooms. The garden rooms are fairly basic, some bigger/nicer than others. The standard beach rooms are fantastic, we stayed in one of these and they are behind the front beach huts. We met a couple staying in the front beach huts and the main difference between the front ones and standard is size and view but thats about it.

Food and drink here is amazing and the choice is just incredble. I havent stayed at any of the other hotels in Zanzibar so I cant compare but I certainly didnt have any complaints about this hotel. The staff were extremely friendly too.

We moved to a beach hut on the 3rd night there by pure luck, and I had no complaints the rest of the time I was there. but I would advice booking a beach hut in the first place if you want a nicer room.

The beach is safe and beautiful. and the fact that it is all inclusive is such value for money.

The hotel guests were few English but lots of Italian and some South African guests.

Mentioned in this post
Zanzibar Island
Zanzibar Island
Zanzibar Archipelago, Tanzania