We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Will Location affect the Rain?

London, England
6 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Will Location affect the Rain?

I am due to go to zanzibar at the end of march / beginning of april. I realise that there will be a chance of more rain than normal at this time, and therefore wanted to know whether it would make much difference if we were to stay in the north instead of the south, for example?

thanks for your help

11 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Will Location affect the Rain?

No the location of the beach doesnot give the difference in the rain recieved

Findlay, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Tanzania, Ngorongoro Conservation Area
Level Contributor
12,485 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Will Location affect the Rain?

There will be no differences for the rain. You should be aware that this year Tanzania, and for that matter all of East Africa, is in a very severe drought. Rains are very spotty. I was in Arusha a couple of days ago and we got a very nice rain for about one hour, but when we left town on the way to the airport there was no indication of any rain. If it rains on you while you're there, say a prayer of thanks; people will eat because of the rain.

You may want to choose the location because of the hotels that you prefer, or the beaches or tides. Rain shouldn't matter much.

4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Will Location affect the Rain?

I'm going to Zanzibar end of May. Rain falls down everywhere, but wind can blow from north to south or some otherwise. This matters when you choose your place of stay. So could anybody advise about the waves at this period and weather in general. Thanks!

Our community is here to help!
Ask questions, get advice and more from travelers like you.
Join TripAdvisor