We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dive Operators

Which Zanzibar Island hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
129 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Dive Operators

I'll be on the Nort Coast of Zanzibar (Nungwi) during Dec 29-Jan 3 and wondered if anyone could tell me of a good dive shop I might book with. I know it's the holidays and didn't know if I would experience any trouble finding a dive shop open. I really want a reliable operation, no shotty equipment if possible.

bristol england
Level Contributor
26 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dive Operators

Hi there Endless traveler.

There are only a couple of dive operators in zanzibar.

One is called one ocean.

All the Hotels in zanzibar will be linked to a dive partner in one way or another.

The water is very warm over there aboput 27 deg through out the year with clear waters to about 25 mtrs

The sea life is full with a coral reef running north/ south on the west side of the ocean.

I doubt if you will need to book as there are dives going every day from all the hotels.

If you check out wwwzanzibaroneocean.com you will find all you need.

Enjoy my friend.

Ratchet

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
129 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Dive Operators

Thank you so much for the tip. I'll check them out and report back on what I experienced.

London, England
6 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Dive Operators

Just returned and Scuba-Do at Kendwa (next beach along from Nungwi - about 3km along) are a very professional outfit. Equipment is in good nick and they are diligent in their safety procedures. Their respect for sea life is amongst the best I've experienced in my 7 years of diving. Unlike some operators who go in for using food and other tricks to coax creatures out of hiding etc. Scuba Do puts you on notice that if you are caught touching stuff - your dive is over and they won't take you out again.

London
Level Contributor
47 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Dive Operators

I've been to all the dive centres...I'd recommend East African Divers in Nungwi - W. www.diving-zanzibar.com, or Scuba Do in Kendwa - www.scuba-do-zanzibar.com