We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather and best time to go. Who to book with?

london
Level Contributor
156 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Weather and best time to go. Who to book with?

Fancy going to Zanzibar, but not sure or the best time of year to travel.I am a teacher so governed by school holidays. Thinking about Feb half term or Easter- April.

Like the look of Mapenzi Beach but so far unable to find a UK travel agent. Can anyone tell me who they have booked with?

CATHY

Stanley, Falkland...
Level Contributor
32,769 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather and best time to go. Who to book with?

You might find many places closed in April due to the rain.

Try Feb instead.

Can't believe you can't find an agent - where have you looked?

london
Level Contributor
156 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather and best time to go. Who to book with?

Now found an agent. Not sure about the weather in either month. Maybe later in the year is better?

Stanley, Falkland...
Level Contributor
32,769 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather and best time to go. Who to book with?

Trouble is - like most people - you might be restricted by time and budget. School hols are always peak, no matter the weather, so prices for everything, like flights go way up in July/Aug.

I think I would prefer the quieter/cheaper time. If you might be snorkelling/diving - you are going to get wet, anyway! :-)

What agent did you find?

nyc
Level Contributor
14,647 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather and best time to go. Who to book with?

Februry is peak time for Zanzibar, as would be the Easter holiday. But, as above, April is the wet season and many properties are closed, often to end-May/some thru 1st week June. When it comes to July/Aug... it's again high season.

I'd get some prices for accommodations and flights, either period, and see which works best.

u k
7 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather and best time to go. Who to book with?

I would recommend you book with Zanzibar Private Tours a local agent in zanzibar.

zanzibartours@hotmail.com

They were good to us may be to you too.

london
Level Contributor
156 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Weather and best time to go. Who to book with?

Now having a complete rethink. May give Zanzibar a miss until we are not restricted by school hols. If I am only going for a week I really want to go where I am almost certain to get sunshine. Now thinking of Mexico, Oman or Bahrain. Difficult choice!!!!

Thanks for you replies.

Cathy

7. Re: Weather and best time to go. Who to book with?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:16 am, October 12, 2009