We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hotel choice

Which Zanzibar Island hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
park city, UT
Level Contributor
14 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
hotel choice

Am looking for a quieter place to stay outside Stonetown, and so far what looks good are two places which appear to be close to one another--Mtoni Marine hotel and Mbweni Ruins hotel. Does anyone know these hotels, and could advise me on which is nicer/cleaner/quieter/more recently renovated? Not as concerned about price, they seem fairly close, pricewise. We will be there in late January

UK
Level Contributor
18 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: hotel choice

No questions as to which is the better hotel - Mtone Marine. I stayed at the Mbweni ruins for one night and had a v unpleasant experience. There were literally clouds of mosquitoes when going into the room, which were dark and damp. The mossies were weird as we hadn't encountered any (of any note) elsewhere. We then went for dinner at Mtone Marina a few nights later and it was in a different class. The restaurant there was of a very high standard, much cleaner, much more up-to-date. Although, i'll admit it was dark, we would definitely stay there if given the choice. The whole place was a different class when compared to Mbweni...

Paris, France
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: hotel choice

I stayed at Mahurubi ( just near Mtoni Marine) in June and had a very pleasant stay . Nice and clean room and very nice swimming pool . staff was very helfpull and friendly

I did not eat there but restaurant is a very nice place

park city, UT
Level Contributor
14 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: hotel choice

thanks for your help with my question. I'll check out the place you stayed.

4. Re: hotel choice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:24 am, October 08, 2009