We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

weather

Caerphilly County...
Level Contributor
270 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
weather

which is the best month to go to the seychelles for lots of sun and no rain?

Takamaka, Seychelles
Level Contributor
46 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: weather

Hi I say April and November. April is really warm but the most amazing blue blue skies and November is cooler but still stable. Hope this helps.

London, United...
Level Contributor
172 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: weather

Its hard to avoid the rain completely in Seychelles as the mountains cause the rain to fall and is what keeps the island so beatiful and green. April to October during the south-east monsoon is the driest time, and is a bit windier than normal. Any rain then is usually in the form of a short shower, rather than a prolonged downpour.

End Nov-Jan is the rainiest time of year and the rain will tail off as you move into March.

I've been in Feb, March, May, September and November and each time had a little rain but nothing major.

The other thing is if you stay at one of the outer islands there is less chance of rain as it is the hills on Mahe, Pralin and La Digue that cause it to rain.

London
Level Contributor
849 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: weather

There is no time that you could guarantee that you wont get rain, thankfully, or the beautiful flora of the Seychelles would not grow too well!

The peak rain time is usually December / January, but I've been there during both months and have had good days. And at least it is always warm!

4. Re: weather

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, April 12, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Bel Ombre