We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can aanyone Help !!!!

Canvey Island...
Level Contributor
61 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Can aanyone Help !!!!

Have heard different reports about Voi and Ngulia some say good places to stay others say first is busy and rooms need updating the second rooms not good bathrooms smelly. Can anyone advise where would be good to stay on a 3 day and 2 night safari want to be near animals but do not have huge budget.

Many thanks

UK
Destination Expert
for Malindi, Ukunda, Kenya
Level Contributor
4,756 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Can aanyone Help !!!!

I'm as much of a broken record as many others on this question, because I always advise Satao Camp in Tsavo East for a reasonable priced, very comfortable tented camp in the bush with great wildlife all around.

Everyone has their favourites.

But that's just me. I don't really want to stay in a hotel when I'm on safari. And tented camps have all the comforts (you're not camping, you're in very well built accommodation) with none of the "invasion factor" that seems to come with most hotel-lodges – the way they intrude on the environment.

Richard

Oxford
Level Contributor
163 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Can aanyone Help !!!!

My sister has just returned from a safari staying at Lion's Bluff which she said was incredible both in terms of accommodation and game viewing and that she would highly recommend to anyone. I am afraid that I don't know which price range it falls into though so apologies if it isn't in your budget. Worth checking out though.

Nairobi, Kenya
Level Contributor
3,755 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Can aanyone Help !!!!

I second Lion's Bluff! Possibly THE most popular destination here in Kenya with residents - and not solely because of the very reasonable price tag!

http://www.lionsblufflodge.com/

Edited: 3:06 am, January 19, 2012
Mombasa, Kenya
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Can aanyone Help !!!!

Tsavo East has dramatic sights of large mammals including great herds of elephant, antelope, hippos, black rhino, eland, lions and giraffe plus a host of birdlife. It is an ideal place for exclusive camping, game circuts and adventures and is the greatest of all Kenya's parks. A night at Lion hill camp would crown it all for you,meets your budget and also your desire to just sit and watch nature before your eyes,combine it with Salt Lick Lodge for spectacular style of accommodation and a huge variety of wildlife all for your eyes and camera!..:-) http://www.sarovahotels.com/saltlick/

Mombasa, Kenya
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Can aanyone Help !!!!

Tsavo East has dramatic sights of large mammals including great herds of elephant, antelope, hippos, black rhino, eland, lions and giraffe plus a host of birdlife. It is an ideal place for exclusive camping, game circuts and adventures and is the greatest of all Kenya's parks. A night at Lion hill camp would crown it all for you,meets your budget and also your desire to just sit and watch nature before your eyes,combine it with Salt Lick Lodge for spectacular style of accommodation and a huge variety of wildlife all for your eyes and camera!..:-) http://www.sarovahotels.com/saltlick/

Mombasa
Destination Expert
for Mombasa, Tsavo National Park East
Level Contributor
1,307 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Can aanyone Help !!!!

Tsavo East...

for me number one is Voi Safari Lodge... value for the money you pay.

Not overpriced, the best view just stunning the waterhole ....

All rooms have a view over Tsavo East. It is a wooden building it is not sound tid proof. The bathrooms in Voi has been done to shower and the rooms have been redocorated....

Lion Hill camp is outside the Park just next to the Voi Gate, on a Hill top small with great view.... from there

Aruba Lodge inside the park, next to Aruba dam, newly build, food also for Indian vegetrian great.. but the view not as voi...

Tsaov West iv you look for budget

Ngulia Safari Lodge ... rooms are tired (was told from may 2012 upgrade will start.. but till they do not start...) the bathrooms have Tube no easy shower,rooms are clean but not new...

Great in the evenings (many times) a Leopard comes for his pick of Meat for dinner....

Rhino Valley lodge (the former Ngulia Bandas) value for money , good view

from the bandas....

Nairobi, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Nairobi, Kenya
Level Contributor
4,615 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Can aanyone Help !!!!

Sagala Lodge - now under new management.

http://kenya-sagala-lodge.com/welcome.htm

TA Review

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g1026014-d15820…

Rate: KES 1800.00 PP onwards @ B/B. Meals @ 800.00

It's some kms after Voi.

Edited: 7:46 am, January 19, 2012
Midlands
Level Contributor
107 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Can aanyone Help !!!!

Stayed in both two weeks ago, while not plush they will meet your needs for the one night you'll be there, had a fan in the Voi but not Ngulia. Nice views and viewing areas with varied choices on food. Both had swimming pools which was nice in the afternoon to cool off, towels provided for room and pool. Saw the leopard twice at the Ngulia, make sure they get you back in time !!

Winchester, United...
Level Contributor
678 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Can aanyone Help !!!!

We have just had 2 amazing nights at Satao Camp, we loved it so much. There were elephants right outside the tents all day and night at the waterhole. There are Antelope in the camp and also Buffalo came one night. Staff could not do enough for us.

10. Re: Can aanyone Help !!!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, July 25, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Tsavo