We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Evenings in January

rochdale
Level Contributor
86 posts
Save Topic
Evenings in January

Hi will be visiting Santa Maria for two weeks from the 9th Jan, will a jacket be needed in the evening, or will summer clothes be warm enough?

Rugby
Level Contributor
191 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Evenings in January

It really does depend, but best to take a fleece or jumper for evenings just in case.

rochdale
Level Contributor
86 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Evenings in January

Thanks for that, hope they won't be needed though!

cape verde
Level Contributor
62 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Evenings in January

The evenings can be a little cold because of the wind, so bring a jumper and a light jacket.

rochdale
Level Contributor
86 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Evenings in January

I understand now, because the temperatures look quite good for the evening, must be the wind chill that cools it down. Is January not a good month to visit Santa Maria.

Went to Boa Vista last January and the weather was good, I expect Santa Maria to be similar!

Rugby
Level Contributor
191 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Evenings in January

Sal has same weather as Boa Vista. (You can see Boa Vista from Santa Maria).

In January and Feb it can be cool in the evening. I rarely need jumper but my wife some times does.

Faro, Portugal
Level Contributor
30 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Evenings in January

I am in Santa Maria now coming to the end of a 2 week visit.

We arrived on 22nd Dec and for the first few evenings we did not need jumpers but have done ever since. It is always windy and chills the evenings.

Day time has been great but today was very cloudy until an hour ago and i needed a sweatshirt on at times when not out of the wind.

rochdale
Level Contributor
86 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Evenings in January

Hope that isn't the start of things to come, we fly out on Wednesday. How hot we're the days? We are staying at the Melia Tortuga, where are you?

Edited: 2:46 pm, January 04, 2013
Rochdale, United...
Level Contributor
718 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Evenings in January

Have a great time in Santa Maria enaje. Cannot fault the info you have been given on here. Will probably be out there myself again at end of month.

9. Re: Evenings in January

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, January 07, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Santa Maria
Recent Conversations