We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best time to go to cape Verde

west midlands
8 posts
Save Topic
Best time to go to cape Verde

Thinking about going to Cape Verde probably Aug/Sept . Is this an OK time to go?

Wigan, United...
Level Contributor
1,065 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best time to go to cape Verde

Not sure about August but I know when I did my research that September is considered their rainy season. We visited last year 20 October and the weather was fantastic. It was even warm at night, no cardis needed,

Sheffield UK
Level Contributor
193 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best time to go to cape Verde

February and March are windy months - still nice and warm in the day but chilly at night.

Wiltshire
Level Contributor
15 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best time to go to cape Verde

We came back on Monday, having spent 2 weeks in CV and although very windy at times it was lovely as the sun was very hot and would have been too much. The evenings were perfect for us as well because you didn't need the air con on and just a light top in the evening. There were a lot of flies about towards the end of the holiday so I would imagine this could be a problem as it gets hotter later on in the year.

Halesowen, United...
Level Contributor
322 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best time to go to cape Verde

Hi LIYSA.

September is the rainy season although it can be hit and miss as to how much rain you get.I went in Sept last year and although we had a fair bit of rain it didnt really interfere with our holiday as it dries up so very quickly.

JB.

tyne and wear
Level Contributor
756 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best time to go to cape Verde

we were told by the locals that the best time to visit is october/november or april/may

i was there last week and agree it was VERY windy but it was nice as it kept you cool and comfortable

Wigan, United...
Level Contributor
1,065 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best time to go to cape Verde

Go in October if you can. The weather is amazing. AT night I just wore a anice short sleeve top and shorts or sundress etc.

Peterborough...
Level Contributor
55 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best time to go to cape Verde

We are already thinking about where to go for our holiday next year and haven't even yet been on this years one. Was thinking about trying Cape Verde but as we've never been before was looking for some advice/guidance as to where is the best part to go, probably looking at March 2012 so we're hoping it will still be lovely and warm.

London
Level Contributor
28 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best time to go to cape Verde

Been in March a few times and weather always great.

Waterlooville...
Level Contributor
112 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best time to go to cape Verde

Can someone tell me if May is a good time to go to Cape Verde please?

Scotland, United...
Level Contributor
3,049 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best time to go to cape Verde

Liysa - we went in Sept 2009 to Boa Vista and the hotel flooded really badly, including our room water pouring through light fittings! We had never experienced rain like this in cape verde before, it had rained in Sal in previous years but only lasted a couple of hours not days! Check the previous weather reports which will give you accurate reports for the Islands.

Get answers to your questions about Santa Maria
Recent Conversations