We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi from airport to resort

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
785 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Taxi from airport to resort

I have declined the transfer with our package deal as the price seemed to be a rip off so could anyone tell me how much a taxi would cost from the airport to the resort - i believe it's just a short journey. Also, will they accept euros. Many thanks for any help.

Rugby
Level Contributor
191 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi from airport to resort

If you are going from Sal airport to Santa Maria you will pay about 10 or 12 Euros.

Euros accepted all over Sal.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
785 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi from airport to resort

Thanks Pete - the company were charging about £17 each!!! That's good to know :).

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
66 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi from airport to resort

hi

if you text ildo he will pick you up if you give flight times and date we always use him speaks good english and cant do enough for you +238 986 0622

Southam, United...
Level Contributor
12 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi from airport to resort

Hi

We use Blinkey to arrange everything, €15 and no problem with delays, waiting or anything. The guys will pick you up with a name board at arrivals. Locals and the money goes in their pockets not the Tour companies.

You can find Blinkey on facebook or search SAL blinkey tour. ENJOY!

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
177 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxi from airport to resort

Not a problem getting a taxi outside the airport to take you to Santa Maria. Just confirm the price before getting in. We paid 10 Euros.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
785 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Taxi from airport to resort

Thanks for all your help, everyone. I found Blinky on FB and will arrange some tours with her but may just negotiate on fares at the airport. :)

7. Re: Taxi from airport to resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, March 28, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Ilha do Sal