We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Christmas and New Year at the Riu Karamboa

Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Christmas and New Year at the Riu Karamboa

Hello, me, my fiancé and 5 year old son are looking at going away for Xmas this year, this hotel has stood out at us, but we would like to know if anyone has stayed here for Xmas and new year before? What do they do to celebrate both events etc?

Thanks in advance

Dave

England
Level Contributor
402 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Christmas and New Year at the Riu Karamboa

Hi Dave

Had Xmas 2011 and 2012 at the Karamboa and it was quite low key regarding Xmas, staff had xmas hats on and Santa arrived at the back of the beach for a short visit handing out sweets, some people dressed up a bit smarter for Xmas night then back to normal. The decorative lights were much better xmas 2011 than 2012 when they were a bit dissapointing. A few days before we had to get in line to book a table for the Gala dinner as there are two sittings and at each one it's a crazy scrum inside the buffet (all other restaurants close on this night) my advice is to sit at your table a bit until it calms down, but the food is a bit more special if you can get near it. We took a big box of Thorntons chocs for the bar staff which went down really well that night.

This year we are going to the Karamboa in November for a change, it's still the best Hotel by far on Boa Vista.

Enjoy!

Paul

2. Re: Christmas and New Year at the Riu Karamboa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, February 25, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Boa Vista