We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thinking of upgrading, staying at Riu Touareg

Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Thinking of upgrading, staying at Riu Touareg

Hi I am going end of February with a friend. Is it worth upgrading to the adult area or would we still have just as good a time in the regular part of the hotel. Any opinions or experience would be gratefully received

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
447 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thinking of upgrading, staying at Riu Touareg

Hi Caroline,

I am sure you will have a brilliant time no matter where you are in the hotel. However, its always got to be the AO section for me. The main part of the hotel can be busy and quite loud ie anamation team etc. The AO section is smaller and so much quieter. On saying that we spent most of our time at the glourious beach. What made all the difference to us is after dinner you could retreat to the AO section to a nice quiet bar. Also optics in room where fantastic as we had a stunning view from our balcony and just loved to chill at night with a few drinks. On that subject we only drank vodka and it was replaced all the time. Another plus for me was the WifI I had a good connection from my balcony and room, perfect for us. Didnt use the Gourmet restaurant as the main one was that good, also we liked to sit outside and the Gourmet was inside as was the Asian, Asian was good but again main one was just as good. Try and get a top floor if you can we emailed in advance and got what we wanted. Rooms are lovely you can get lots of english channels, films etc on tv. Bathroom didn't even notice there would have been issues with this, its fine, you will see when you get there. Enjoy as I know you will.

Pam

St Helens, United...
Level Contributor
1,530 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Thinking of upgrading, staying at Riu Touareg

Hi I emailed the hotel to ask about the upgrade, we go on the 21st Jan, they quoted me 13 euros p p p night, 1st choice wanted £774 for the 2 of us, it's a big difference.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
447 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Thinking of upgrading, staying at Riu Touareg

Hi,

We paid about £150 through Thompsons last Jan. £774 way too much, I think that would be for a suite.

Pam

Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Thinking of upgrading, staying at Riu Touareg

Thank you Pam for your reply I can't wait to go and have some sunshine, thanks for your positive feedback x

Wirral, United...
Level Contributor
90 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Thinking of upgrading, staying at Riu Touareg

Hi

what is best way to upgrade to AO should I wait to I arrive or email hotel, I have already paid for holiday for feb not going to go through Thomson

Regards

Mike

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
447 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Thinking of upgrading, staying at Riu Touareg

Hi Caroline,

Your welcome, no probs. Sooooooooo jealous x

Hi Mike,

I would email the hotel, they might say you will have to wait till you get there but worth a try anyway. Good Luck.

Pam x

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
36,062 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Thinking of upgrading, staying at Riu Touareg

I've been looking for next February and online the upgrade cost is £10.50 pppn £294 total with Thomsons.

london uk
Level Contributor
1 post
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Thinking of upgrading, staying at Riu Touareg

hi pam. good reweiw. going in june. more info on the wifi from your room please what area of the hotel was that ? is the wfi free ? sounds rerarly nice there never been to cape so looking forward to it. have you got the hotels email address ?. it will be our 25th aniversary while we are there and would like to sort something out for that evening. or there own web site ?

regards martin london uk. if possilble pam could you send the info direct to my email address. martin.hemmings1@ntlworld.com

9. Re: Thinking of upgrading, staying at Riu Touareg

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, January 16, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Boa Vista