We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

December at the Touareg

Manchester
Level Contributor
67 posts
63 reviews
Save Topic
December at the Touareg

Hi all, we have booked for the Touareg in December for 2 weeks and have a couple of questions. First one is about sun cream. We have read all the reviews and a lot are advising on factor 50. Will we need this is December? Next one, mozzies. Do we need to take lots of spray at this time of year? We read all of the reviews on a daily basis and cannot wait to go, totally prepared for all of it. Booked in Adults area. 2 weeks of much needed rest. Any responses gratefully received.

Sue and Brian

Finland
Level Contributor
894 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: December at the Touareg

The factor depends on how sensitive your skin is. We were there in January and you will get sunburn in no time if you have no sun lotion at all. My wife is very blond and she's been fine with factor 30, also in the equatorial tropics.

I would think 50 would be like tin foil unless your skin is very sensitive :-)

Manchester
Level Contributor
67 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: December at the Touareg

Thanks for the quick reply. I have got lots of factor 30 so will stick with that I think. Hope it is better weather than here in Manchester. Rained like forever.

Edited: 2:36 pm, September 30, 2012
Sal Rei, Cape Verde
Level Contributor
165 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: December at the Touareg

December you should be fine with 30., but you do need to careful and re apply diligently even when cloudy. Mozzies are more prominent during rainy season so wouldnt imagine you would need much spray then, maybe bring one in case.

Chesterfield...
Level Contributor
41 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: December at the Touareg

It all depends on your skin type.

My wife and I have only just got back (sore subject) , she is a blue eyed blonde and had to use factor 30 regularly, I am darker and tan easily and started the holiday with factor 15 a few times a day then went down to 10 and never burnt once.

I would guess unless you are milk bottle white that factor 50 would be overkill, best bet would take a range and step down later in the holiday.

Cornwall,ENGLAND
Level Contributor
70 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: December at the Touareg

any info on food , drink etc. Also on Thomson they mention a nightclub, any good, busy etc. not a party animal but like a few tunes!

East Midlands, UK
Level Contributor
152 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: December at the Touareg

We go back on 21st Nov for 2 weeks in the adult only side and cannot wait as we loved it last year.

Nightclub was open 5-6 days a week last year but you need to be with a crowd to create an atmos in my opinion - some of the best nights we had was post 1am in the reception bar where we took our own music and had a good giggle with people we met whilst consuming G&T's.....

DJ played our tunes off an ipad one night but this was a one off so take your own music & some small speakers is my advice....... anything else just holler and enjoy

7. Re: December at the Touareg

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:17 am, December 15, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Boa Vista
Recent Conversations