We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Karamboa October

Carnforth, United...
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Topic
Karamboa October

Hi all

going to the Karamboa 8th-22nd October, flying from Manchester anyone else going then?

Nottingham, United...
5 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Karamboa October

hi Andrew, i have just read your horrifying account , i have just posted my account of our awful experience, but reading this I think we have escaped lightly. I cannot believe this hotel is still open and that people are still rating it as 5*.I hope the lady is okay....

this might be small comfort to her but i have spent the past day and a half since arriving home writing reports to TUI , RIU, FOREIGN OFFICE and the Boa vista police and embassy. I am appalled that that these tour operators are risking the safety of tourists from all countries and blatantly ignoring reports from frightened people returning home after nightmare experiences.

The people of Cape Verde must sit up and realise that if they bite the hand that feeds, they will starve!! The letters are being posted out today with instructions that officials in both countriesand the tour companies hold thorough investigations into the crime elements on these islands. If I receive no response I will be contacting the newspapers. I'd like everyone who has experienced these robberies, knife attacks and sex attacks to post on here, my letters are being sent along with print outs of these reports from trip advisor, maybe if there are enough of them then something will change out there until then my advice to any traveller is to stay away.

12. Re: Karamboa October

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:17 am, December 18, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Boa Vista
Recent Conversations