We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nothing to declare!!

Truro, England...
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Nothing to declare!!

Hi, this is a question for all that have visited cape verde. My husband and i have booked to visit in september and have read alot of reviews about how expensive 'day to day' things are over there ie paracetomol and suncream, what im wondering is what has to be declared on arrival and what is prohibited? I am a chocoholic....im not fat haha a size 8, but i have a sweet tooth and dont really want to pay through the nose for my fix...can i take snacks like this through customs and how much/ do i need to declare etc....

are any normal things prohibited?

Iv been trawling through web pages and cant find anything with regards to what can and cant be taken into the country...if anyone has a link to a website id be forever in their debt!!

I watch nothing to declare and passport patrol (newzeland and aus) all the time and it terrifies me what they pull people up on and would really love to be prepared to save time and embarrassement and a lot of fines haha :)

Have also read that the thompson flight can be long and dull with little on board in the way of food and drinks...can we take our own alcohol/food/soft drinks bought in the airport, to have on the flight or is this not permitted like most long haul? if we can, can these also be carried through customs at cape verd....

any advice appreciated..

thanks,

mr and mrs bees :)

1. Re: Nothing to declare!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 2:35 pm, September 20, 2013
Truro, England...
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nothing to declare!!

thanks, im terrified of getting fined or something for having an item i wouldnt usually think twice about at other airports. So should i not bring a few bars of chocolate from home, and just buy them there? is there any web sites that have this sort of onfo on as i have been looking all day and can only find info on tobacco and liquor x

London, United...
Level Contributor
54 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Nothing to declare!!

You can take the .you want with you (about 10 pieces each food),they can fine you if you bring more than 1 laptop ,1 camera or 2 mobile because they will think you will sell them.Cape Verde is not Australia.Bring your sweets with you because you will need them.bring a little of everything you want

Boston, United...
Level Contributor
36 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Nothing to declare!!

I understand there are no tea making facilities, can i bring my own tea bags. I just love my cuppa in the mornings.

Scotland, United...
Level Contributor
2,920 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Nothing to declare!!

Ripple - you can take your own tea bags but if staying at the RUI hotels you will have to bring your own kettle! No tea and coffee making facilities in the rooms. :o)

Boston, United...
Level Contributor
36 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Nothing to declare!!

Thanks alot for that. Got another question for you. Am i correct in thinking that we can take Euros and Sterling and obviously they accept both. Didnt want to exchange to many euros if sterling is as good.

7. Re: Nothing to declare!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, October 16, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Boa Vista