We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Phone Networks

Kilmarnock, United...
Level Contributor
126 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Phone Networks

Hi

Having read some reviews some are saying that only vodafone,orange & virgin network works, Has anyone used O2 and what kind of signal do you get if it works

Derby, United...
Level Contributor
189 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Phone Networks

You would be best to take an unblocked phone with you and buy a sim card for 2 euro. It has 2 euro credit on it and its soooo much cheaper to text and call home....

Kilmarnock, United...
Level Contributor
126 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Phone Networks

hi

can you buy sim at hotel?

Derby, United...
Level Contributor
189 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Phone Networks

Yes, in the internet/photo shop. They are 2 euro/200 escudo and you can top up the credit there too.

Derby, United...
Level Contributor
189 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Phone Networks

Gone up to three euro now but you will make a massive saving on calling uk as it is 3 euro a minute from the hotels.

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
24 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Phone Networks

I had no problem with O2 when I was there in March

England
Level Contributor
53 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Phone Networks

Can you get data on the local sim and how much please.

England
Level Contributor
53 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Phone Networks

Anyone?

Derby, United...
Level Contributor
189 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Phone Networks

Dont know as not that technical...... I think its a basic pay as you go.....

Kilmarnock, United...
Level Contributor
126 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Phone Networks

we just came back on sunday and even though none of us used the local sim we heard it was 3 euro for the sim and you get 2 euro credit . I am with 3 others with o2 and none of us had any problems. although for me to call was £3 a min to call home and £1.25 a minute to receive and to send text was 35p and £6/mb for web and email. hope this helps a bit.

we did use the free wifi in the adults only section to contact home via email and suchlike but afraid you only get that in adults only the rest of the hotel you have to pay and i would say it is expensive to use.

10. Re: Phone Networks

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:17 pm, August 20, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Boa Vista