We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

scuba diving boa vista

torbay
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
scuba diving boa vista

can anyone advise me about where to go scuba diving in boa vista and the price please

Santa Maria
Destination Expert
for Cape Verde
Level Contributor
1,502 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: scuba diving boa vista

Can't help you with the price but ScubaCaribe are based at the RIU Karamboa

Mentioned in this post
ScubaCaribe
ScubaCaribe
159 Reviews
Boa Vista, Cape Verde
Hotel Riu Touareg
Hotel Riu Touareg
8,927 Reviews
Boa Vista, Cape Verde
Warrington, Cheshire
Level Contributor
523 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: scuba diving boa vista

We stayed at the Touareg in June and the diving school there was excellent. It was 39 Euro for a dive plus any equipment you may need. All the equipment was brand new. My hubby had most of his, but he needn't have bothered.

Workington, United...
Level Contributor
17 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: scuba diving boa vista

I also dived at the Touareg, just back home this morning. As Midge says, 39 Euro plus 19 Euro for equip hire. Enjoyed my 2 dives far better than I did in the Dom Rep last year

liverpool
Level Contributor
73 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: scuba diving boa vista

My partner and I have just come back from the riu karamboa in boa vista, we had a great time, took our own equipment and booked a 10 day dive package with caribe it was 599euros for a 20 dives and 2 free dives, if you are looking for more info we have stacks of helpful stuff, when did you wish to go ?

torbay
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: scuba diving boa vista

i am going 28 dec ,looking for 6 dives,is diving good and is it better to take own equipment ,is water warm and clear .i usally go red sea

torbay
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: scuba diving boa vista

do you know if 19 euros for equipment is per dive or all the dives you do

liverpool
Level Contributor
73 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: scuba diving boa vista

yes, we usually go to the red sea, but we took a chance & tried somewhere different.Not good news for you though , diving in December....according to Charles of scuba caribe..there is only 2weeks left to the season, then they finish until next April, we were very lucky with our week( last week ) we managed to get a full week of diving, the week before was blown out, and as we left it looked like it was going to be hit and miss for this week. Just for the record the visibility is 5-10metres max, and the boat rides aren`t for the faint hearted, big waves, swell,surge...you name it!! but we did see a sand tiger, stingray , turtles...all I can say is the sea in that area must be full of unexplored sites & full of big stuff...fisherman in the area had caught baby hammerheads...so they must have a mummy and daddy somewhere!!

birmingham
2 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: scuba diving boa vista

HI I am going to the iberostar in boavista middle feb 2012 for two weeks, i am a very keen scuba diver who would rather get wet than sleep on the beech all day. i have heard that the season does not start untill april, is that correct ? is it becauase the sea is to rough ? cauld you also tell me which is the nearest dive shcool to the iberostar so i can look them up on the net

Thankyou

liverpool
Level Contributor
73 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: scuba diving boa vista

Hello there! the nature of the resorts in the boa vista area is that they have a huge resort and then just desert with dunes...so in respect to where the iberostar is to the riu karamboa I`m not sure....Our dive school seemed to be the only one in the area as we dived with people from other hotels within a 25min radius. there was no pick up arrangement so you would have to pay for a taxi yourself.According to scuba caribe they will not be diving until April now due to the adverse weather conditions, we also know that the dive manager and the main instructor have gone off traveling until that time. I figure the diving has always stopped like this for the season but for some reason they are reluctant to advertise this?!The diving conditions in December when we went gave us a clue to why they do stop...not for the faint hearted!!

Hope this helps

birmingham
2 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: scuba diving boa vista

Thankyou puddingbottom for your quick responce, the information i needed was all there and from what your saying i have decided to change my tactics, instead of lugging all my beloved diving gear around i will take a good pair of hiking boots and do a lot of walking.

cheers

Edited: 7:40 am, December 21, 2011
Get answers to your questions about Boa Vista