We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

mosquito prevention in hotel room

Eastbourne, United...
13 posts
Save Topic
mosquito prevention in hotel room

Hi, am asthmatic and so the plug in room repellant wont be an option. Can anyone tell me what kind of moquito prevention is in the hotel rooms, ie is there a inner netted door. There is so much about dengue fever and my daughter is really worried as she gets bitten in UK let alone boa vista!

Any guidance or help would be much appreciated.

Many thanks

west yorkshire
Level Contributor
113 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: mosquito prevention in hotel room

There are no mossie preventions in the room, but there is a good air conditioning system which if you have it blowing nice and cool it is too cold for the mossies, that is what other people have said. We have been twice in July and did not see any mossies in our room, I took one of those stand alone insect killers where you can open it up as much as you like, i also had the plug ins.

Eastbourne, United...
13 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: mosquito prevention in hotel room

thank you very much for the info....its just been the rainy season and not sure what to expect, but not going to spoil the holiday....

warrington
Level Contributor
30 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: mosquito prevention in hotel room

There are plenty of solutions to your problem. Most camping and outdoor centres would be able to advise you on which preventions would be best suited for you, both herbal and chemical. Good luck!

4. Re: mosquito prevention in hotel room

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:23 am, April 24, 2011
Get answers to your questions about Boa Vista
Recent Conversations