We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Riu Karemboa

warrington
Level Contributor
30 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Riu Karemboa

Hi, We are going to the Riu Karemboa at the end of September. Can anyone help me with the following; Dress code for dinner; Any probs with mossies; conflicting info regarding injections. Ta

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
545 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Riu Karemboa

Check with the Practice Nurse at your GP's surgery. I think you will find they recommend Typhoid, Hep A, Tetanus (which is now combined with Dyptheria and Polio).

There are bound to be mozzies. We are taking two bottles of Boots with 50% deet.

As for dress code, I should think it will be smart casual in the speciality restaurants but pretty much go as you please in the main one.

Gloucester, United...
Level Contributor
22 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Riu Karemboa

Going start of September. Have a look on the foreign office web site for advice on jabs etc. It suggests which ones are recommended depending on length of stay and what you'll be doing while your there rather than get the lot just in case. If you have trouble finding the page reply and I'll post a link. Having had a look it ties in with Thomsons advice that you don't need any.

Gloucester, United...
Level Contributor
22 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Riu Karemboa

Go to your GP and they will give you ones based on just in case. For example the foreign office site says typhoid is not needed for Cape Verde.

warrington
Level Contributor
30 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Riu Karemboa

Hi Thanks for replies! We will be contacting gp regarding jabs. Any other info gratefully accepted!

Crewe, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Riu Karemboa

Hi we're going to the karamboa on the 20th september for 2 weeks also, names Glenn and Emma from Crewe, cant wait, see you there.

warrington
Level Contributor
30 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Riu Karemboa

Hi You're Lucky! We don't arrive til the 27th! Don't get too brown! You can show us the best bars! Ken n Elaine from Warrington

7. Re: Riu Karemboa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, January 26, 2011
Get answers to your questions about Boa Vista