We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flies

Lancashire
Level Contributor
22 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Flies

Am so excited off to Riu karamboa in the morning for 2 weeks and can't wait. Please can someone tell me if flies are a problem in July as I'm sure I have read somewhere on the forum that they are. If so are there any tips to put off the pesky blighters? Much appreciated for any info.

Aylesbury
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
12,183 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flies

We went to Sal in Nov 2007, so not sure about your island but flies were prominent. You don't really have to worry about them attacking you. The biggest problem in my opinion was at the outside restaurants when cold food was served. Afternoon tea was put out with lovely cakes etc. but they were not covered up properly and flies were all around the food.

I did not eat any of the cakes.The Inside restaurants were fine.

Hope I don't put you off as we enjoyed our holiday and would go back.

2. Re: Flies

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, January 16, 2011
Get answers to your questions about Boa Vista