We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day before check in

Teesside
Level Contributor
3 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Day before check in

Hi all

Has anyone used the day before check in at Manchester airport for flights to Boa Vista, Cape Verde- what was this like, is it worth checking in the night before?

Thank you

North Yorkshire
Level Contributor
137 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day before check in

Hi, yes we did the day before check in at Manchester, very easy to do, no long queues and it get's the bulk of the luggage out of the way. I think the desk is open up until about 10 pm but you would have to check that. In my opinion it's definitely worth doing, we did the same thing when we went to Cuba a few years ago. All passengers travelling have to go along with their passports to check in the luggage but after that it's a doddle, I always feel more relaxed when all checked in as you know then you haven't forgotten something - like tickets or passports!! Enjoy your holiday.

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
543 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Day before check in

If you have booked your holiday with Thomson, I do believe day before check in is free at Manchester and you don't have to book it, just turn up. As with the previous reply, I do believe the latest you can turn up is 10pm. Worth a check on their website.

uk
Level Contributor
538 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Day before check in

Hi - we used this option when we went to Karamboa in March - worth it as far as we were concerned - suppose it depends on how near / far you are from the airport. Desk was open from 12noon to 10pm - you all go as though you're actually going to fly out there and then, your luggage is weighed (they were very strict with the limit - our friends had to repack some of their stuff into one of our cases to get theirs through) - they wouldn't average the weight out. The following day you go straight to security and passport control. We were told to tell them at the gate that we'd checked in a day earlier to make sure the bags had been taken from the secure store - we forgot - but the cases were there anyhow. Have a great trip.

4. Re: Day before check in

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:22 am, December 02, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Boa Vista