We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

scare of being bored

Oxford
Level Contributor
14 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
scare of being bored

Hi everyone.

My gf fell in love with the pictures of this place. And I have to admit it looks amazing!

We are looking to go on holiday the last 2 weeks of August (time is getting short ;-) ). I am scare of getting bored... I don't want an excursion everyday but 4 or 5 over the 2 weeks would be go.

I read the trip to another island but at 200+ euros, it is a bit expensive (I am not saying its not worth it!). The buggie trip? We will both love it, for sure! but 90 euros is also expensive for that but ok, that makes 1.

What else could we do? places to visit? "typical" village?

Thank you!

South East
Level Contributor
481 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: scare of being bored

Pexh - there is really not a lot to do I have to say except chill out - try a fishing trip or the boat over to Sal but again NOT cheap !!

Oxford
Level Contributor
14 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: scare of being bored

Thank you for your comment.

For those who went to Clubhtl Riu Karamboa, is there really kitesurf? is it at an extra charge? Any chance of catamaran around?

cheers!

UK
Destination Expert
for Malindi, Ukunda, Kenya
Level Contributor
4,724 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: scare of being bored

Frankly pexh, I think if you go all the way to Cape Verde and only see Sal or Boa Vista, you've wasted an opportunity. Unfortunately, these are the two most boring islands in the archipelago, which is ironic, as they're also by far the two most popular, as nearly all the country's tourist development has happened here. Definitely places for chilling, watersports and not much else. They're fun in their own way, but not representative of the real culture and environment of Cape Verde. You ask about a typical village on Boa Vista, but there is almost no habitation outside the minuscule capital Sal Rei, apart from a couple of tiny windswept hamlets on the east side of the island. I would recommended an overnight air excursion to Fogo, the most amazing island in the group, and get a taxi up to the crater in the middle of the island. It's an extraordinary experience to climb to the top at dawn. If possible, try to get to Santo Antão island, which in a way is even more spectacular, wonderfully green, and incredibly mountainous.

Have a great trip, whatever you decide, but I would definitely splash out on a trip to one of the greener islands.

Richard

Oxford
Level Contributor
14 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: scare of being bored

Thank you very much for the comments, guys!

As the date is getting closer and closer and not enough time for vaccination and all these things, we choose something much closer to home but still an island and still starting with a C, lol... Crete.

But Cape Verde will stay on the map for next year or the year after (honeymoon, maybe, but shuuuut, lol).

I will save your comments on the computer and read them again when preparing the trip.

Thank you, guys! You are doing a great job!

5. Re: scare of being bored

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, January 28, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Boa Vista