We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thomson flights

yorkshire
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Thomson flights

Going to Boa Vista in November and I've seen mixed reviews of flights.Treavel agents assured me that long haul aircraft are used.Is this true?

norwich
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thomson flights

no they are not from Gatwick (certainly not in June anyway). Luckily i am on the small side but even i found it a bit uncomfortable on the way back. I feel sorry for the crew, they have very little space to work in when bringing food, drinks and duty free etc. Do not moan at them, they do the best they can in very trying conditions. Think yourself lucky that when you land in Boa Vista (marvellous island that it is), you do not have to turn around and do it all again like those poor sods haveto!

Barnsley
Level Contributor
24 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Thomson flights

if you have already booked through thomson shop go in and get them to put it in writing and on your booking notes on their computer ihave just got back via manc and it is a short haul plane iam puttin a claim fdor miss selling holiday as iam 6 3 and was in pain knees back for first i had it down in writing from head office 33 leg room and individual entertainment

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
409 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Thomson flights

we went in june and you will defnitely not be flying on a long haul aircraft as the runway cannot accomodate the larger plane,so unless they develop the runway which i am pretty certain they are not,you have been fibbed to,if you look in the back of the brochure it actually tells you cape verde is not classed as long haul.hope this helps

Hampshire
Level Contributor
2 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Thomson flights

Came back yesterday.......Nightmare flights

Thomson use an old First choice plane which is cramped for legroom, despite being advised we had longer legroom seats.

Never saw any other larger aircraft types and agree that the airport is so small that it would be unlikely to accomodate the larger planes that give the longer legroom.

Re one of the previous commnts regarding getting the tour operator to confirm the longer legroom, that doesnt work either.

yorkshire
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Thomson flights

Thanks for taking the time to fill us in.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
409 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Thomson flights

as somebody else said its only 6 hours out of your life and it is worth it.we have done an 8 hr flight to jamaica that was worse,so dont worry too much its worth it

Sheffield
Level Contributor
1 post
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Thomson flights

I was also advised by Thomson that they used long haul flight on this route from Mancheser, From the reviews this is evidently not true.

8. Re: Thomson flights

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, January 18, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Boa Vista