We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Border crossing At Niagra for UK passport holder

London, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
42 reviews
Save Topic
Border crossing At Niagra for UK passport holder

I'm planning a trip to Niagara in Nov (driving up from Boston) I'm told the falls are much better from the Canadian side. What are the arrangements for crossing the border and back - I'd hate to get into Canada and then have trouble getting back. Also anyone know a Car hire company in Buffalo/Niagara that will allow me to drop in Boston with no surcharge?

Mentioned in this post
Boston
Boston
Massachusetts
Canada
Canada
North America
Buffalo
Buffalo
New York
Niagara Falls, ON
Destination Expert
for Niagara Falls
Level Contributor
9,709 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Border crossing At Niagra for UK passport holder

You should have no problem whatsoever entering Canada and returning to the U.S. with your passport.

As for cars, I did a quick search for some dates in November and discovered that at Alamo Car Rental, it is actually cheaper to pick up at Buffalo airport and return in Boston than it is to pickup and return in Buffalo. Strange but good for you.

Mentioned in this post
Canada
Canada
North America
Buffalo
Buffalo
New York
Boston
Boston
Massachusetts
Niagara Falls, New...
Level Contributor
260 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Border crossing At Niagra for UK passport holder

You get much closer to the Falls on the US side, in Canada you get a panoramic view from a distance....

Mentioned in this post
Canada
Canada
North America
3. Re: Border crossing At Niagra for UK passport holder

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:16 pm, August 24, 2009
;