We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

do Niagara Falls freeze in OCT-NOV?

Frederick
2 posts
Save Topic
do Niagara Falls freeze in OCT-NOV?

Friends,

I want to know if Niagara retains the same beauty & flow of water as in summers. I am planing to visit sometimes in OCT-NOV.

also if some one can tell me name of some economy hotels in US side.

thanks,

Sanjay Verma

Mentioned in this post
Indiana
Indiana
United States
St. Catharines...
Level Contributor
51 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: do Niagara Falls freeze in OCT-NOV?

No, the Falls do not freeze in October or November. The weather is typical New York autumn weather - glorious, if the sun is out, temps could be in the 70s. There are days of rain and cloud, however, with temps being in the 40s and 50s (especially November). And although there might be snow as early as November, it wouldn't be cold long enough in the season for the Falls to have frozen.

Mentioned in this post
Niagara Falls, New...
Level Contributor
260 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: do Niagara Falls freeze in OCT-NOV?

The grass will be green - but the leaf colors will be gorgeous. Expect some rain - but hotel prices will be very reasonable as compared to the summer.

Pitman, New Jersey
Level Contributor
91 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: do Niagara Falls freeze in OCT-NOV?

The falls don't freeze at that time but you might. It's been cloudy and cool lately in western New York and if you are near the falls with the added mist, you will get chilled in a hurry. It is still really a great site, but dress appropriately or you may just be miserable. Hat, mittens, scarf are all smart along with a warm coat.

Mentioned in this post
4. Re: do Niagara Falls freeze in OCT-NOV?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:15 pm, August 18, 2009
;