We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

6-8 hour rush trip from BUF airport to Niagara then back

Austin
2 posts
Save Topic
6-8 hour rush trip from BUF airport to Niagara then back

HI Guys,

We will planning a Thanksgiving trip this year Nov 18-24 2006.

It going to be from Austing -> NYC -> Niagara -> Washington DC -> New Jersey -> NYC -> Austin. Its a bit cramped schedule for a 6 day vacation and the Niagara part is horribly scheduled for 6-8 hours.

We will be arriving at the BUF airport at 10:40 AM (11-19-06) and depart at 4 or 5PM the same day. We wanted to see the falls and return just right in time for the 4/5 flight.

I was wondering if this is possible. Our main goal is to see the Falls from the US border (where non US citizens so we cannot cross the border) and whatever is on the way there then head back to BUF airport. I do love to stay longer but our flight schedule got terribly wrong and we cannot shell out more money to move the other trips.

What is the fastest (and cheapest) way to get to the falls and back to the airport. I've tried studying the NFTA but i guess the bus will take to many stops and cause us to be left by our plane.

is there a direct bus to the falls?

How much would a daily(hourly) car rental cost us?

Thanks Guys!

Level Contributor
2,033 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 6-8 hour rush trip from BUF airport to Niagara then back

Agent1

With your tight schedule, I wouldn't chance anything but a car rental. Here's an airport page that will link you through to some of the rental companies to price: buffaloairport.com/airport_info/…rental_cars

Niagara Falls, New...
Level Contributor
260 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: 6-8 hour rush trip from BUF airport to Niagara then back

Drop the money and rent a car, that way you will not miss your flight. It is $10.00 to park at Falls. Make sure you do Maid of the Mist and Cave of the Winds before you leave. Should be perfectly timed....

40 mins one way from Niagara Falls to Buffalo airport....

3. Re: 6-8 hour rush trip from BUF airport to Niagara then back

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 pm, August 21, 2009